Ripping two different places from DVD in one file

General questions or discussion about HandBrake, Video and/or audio transcoding, trends etc.
gmantil

Ripping two different places from DVD in one file

Post by gmantil »

Description of problem or question:

I have a dvd, but it has a short video before each episode. I want to copy bot videos (short introduction and episode) in on video. Both parts are not continuous, so it is not possible to choice seconds or frames. I need to choice two different places to prepare the new MKV or MP4.

Steps to reproduce the problem (If Applicable):

HandBrake version (e.g., 1.0.0):
1.0.7 32 bit

Operating system and version (e.g., Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, macOS 10.13 High Sierra, Windows 10 Creators Update):
Windows 10

HandBrake Activity Log ***required*** (see How-to get an activity log)

Code: Select all

Please replace this text with the contents of your log file between the two code tags - OR -  provide a pastebin URL in place of these 3 lines.
Woodstock
Veteran User

Re: Ripping two different places from DVD in one file

Post by Woodstock »

Handbrake cannot do what you're wanting.

You could use a ripping tool, such as MakeMKV, to rip the DVD, then combine the two MKV files using mkvmerge (google can find it), then process the result with handbrake.
BradleyS

Post by BradleyS »

MKVToolNix is a good graphical interface for mkvmerge.
gmantil

Post by gmantil »

Thanks Woodstock. I did other process, perhaps a little longer. I Ripped the DVD with DVDShrink, but I choose only the short introduction and the episode, after I merged both VOB files in a single VOB with VOBMerge. With this new VOB, I worked with Handbrake, and my MKV was perfect. Only I had some issues with the mark of chapters, but I solved it with MKVToolnix.

In my first attempt, I prepared two MKV (Introduction and Episode) with Handbrake each one, but I got an issue because both files where with different encode structure, so it was impossible to merge with MKVMerge.

My solution I described above, worked fine. Perhaps again, a little longer, but worked.

Thanks so much,