Legacy Presets Missing from v1.2.1

General questions or discussion about HandBrake, Video and/or audio transcoding, trends etc.
KeyserSoze

Legacy Presets Missing from v1.2.1

Post by KeyserSoze »

Hi Guys,
I just upgraded from v1.1.2 to v1.2.1 and all of my Legacy Presets are gone and I still use the iPad preset. So my question is how do I get it back or which preset should I be using for my iPad?

Any Help Would Be Greatly Appreciated,
Woodstock
Veteran User

Re: Legacy Presets Missing from v1.2.1

Post by Woodstock »

Under "Devices", you will find several Apple presets. Chose the one that matches your iPad's maximum resolution.
cherryman

Post by cherryman »

Hello,

I am new to the community but I am using handbrake quite a long time.

I too noticed that on the recent versions of Handbrake that the legacy presets are missing.

I tried the Devices -> Apple 720p/30fps preset for a 1st Gen iPad but I noticed that the final filesize is quite larger than the previous legacy preset, where a file would be around 1.20 to 2GB, now it produces a file larger than 4GB.

Is there something that I can do to the existing new preset to decrease the filesize?

Thanks.
BradleyS

Post by BradleyS »

See the Adjusting quality article: https://handbrake.fr/docs/en/1.2.0/work ... ality.html

You can also use the Apple 540p30 Surround preset which I believe is the resolution of the old iPad preset.
cherryman

Post by cherryman »

Thanks, this seems to be closer to what I expected.
jlpaq

Post by jlpaq »

Hi, I'm noticing the same issue... The Legacy iPad Preset was in the ~1.2GB range, but even the 540p30 preset is still more more than double the file size, upwards of 3GB. Following https://handbrake.fr/docs/en/1.2.0/work ... ality.html the main adjustment is just RF, which defaults to 20, and bumping up to 21... But were there other differences in the Legacy iPad preset? Does anyone have it handy they can post for Import?
mduell
Veteran User

Post by mduell »

Pastebin both encoding logs for the same movie and we'll be happy to point out the differences.