Folder (Batch Scan) doesn't actually work

General questions or discussion about HandBrake, Video and/or audio transcoding, trends etc.
davebit

Folder (Batch Scan) doesn't actually work

Post by davebit »

I'm using version 1.01 Windows 7 Pro 64-bit, and selecting this option only encodes the first file in the folder.
mduell
Veteran User

Re: Folder (Batch Scan) doesn't actually work

Post by mduell »

Please be aware, this forum is not for support or help related to HandBrake. Please keep such discussions to the Community Support forum sections.
sheepchen
New User

Post by sheepchen »

You have to click on the arrow next to "add to queue" and than "add all". Then you can click "start queue"
davebit

Post by davebit »

I added all, as always after I click Start Encode, it encodes the first one then fails on the rest; if I click to restart the rest on the list (showing with yellow yield signs), they all just fail again. This happens *every single time* I try to batch encode, regardless of where the source/destination is and it always works if I add one file at a time to queue...

Here's the failed queue (I cleared the first one which was successful): https://imgur.com/ZzG8wHe

Here's an example of the Activity Log: https://imgur.com/NUnzpX8

Here's an example of the log of the first one that failed (they were all ripped the same way): [09:01:03] CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz
[09:01:03] - logical processor count: 2
[09:01:03] Intel Quick Sync Video support: no
[09:01:03] hb_scan: path=C:\Users\Dave\Videos\Criss Angel Mindfreak Season 1\Criss Angel Mindfreak Season 1 Episode 2 Levitation.iso, title_index=8
src/libbluray/disc/disc.c:424: error opening file BDMV\index.bdmv
src/libbluray/disc/disc.c:424: error opening file BDMV\BACKUP\index.bdmv
[09:01:03] bd: not a bd - trying as a stream/file instead
libdvdnav: Using dvdnav version 6.0.0
libdvdread: Encrypted DVD support unavailable.
libdvdnav: DVD Title: CRISS_ANGEL_DISC_1
libdvdnav: DVD Serial Number: 13AC721ADVDSHRNK
libdvdnav: DVD Title (Alternative):
libdvdnav: DVD disk reports itself with Region mask 0x00c00000. Regions: 1 2 3 4 5 6
libdvdread: Encrypted DVD support unavailable.
[09:01:03] scan: DVD has 1 title(s)
[09:01:03] scan: scanning title 8
[09:01:03] scan: opening IFO for VTS 234
libdvdread:DVDOpenFileUDF:UDFFindFile /VIDEO_TS/VTS_234_0.IFO failed
libdvdread:DVDOpenFileUDF:UDFFindFile /VIDEO_TS/VTS_234_0.BUP failed
libdvdread: Can't open file VTS_234_0.BUP.
[09:01:03] scan: ifoOpen failed
[09:01:03] libhb: scan thread found 0 valid title(s)
hb_dict_to_job: Title 8 doesn't exist
[09:01:03] libhb: work result = 3

# Encode Completed ...
davebit

Post by davebit »

Here's an image of the 2nd file encoding no problem when I add it one at a time through Open Source > File > Add to Queue...

https://imgur.com/BdPnBw6

With Batch I just click Add All to Queue...
Woodstock
Veteran User

Post by Woodstock »

Log says you're trying to read an encrypted DVD. You don't even have the unsupported 3rd-party library installed to remove the encryption.

The encodes fail because the disk can't be read as-is.

Have you tried using ripping software to get the video off the disk?
davebit

Post by davebit »

There was no DVD in the drive... and I didn't select any DVD at all anyway. If a DVD was scanned, where in the log is the file path? C drive is not a DVD drive, it's a hard drive with Windows on it... D and further letters are optical drives, which are not in the log file. Do you think maybe HandBrake is mistaking an iso file for an "encrypted" DVD but only through Batch scan and not one-at-a-time manual file adding?

As I stated in the original post, and as the log file shows, I selected an iso file. This file was ripped from a DVD, and it's not encrypted. It can be opened with any program that can open and scan iso files, including HandBrake when I add it as just one non-batch file. As far as I know all it contains is AUDIO and VIDEO TS folders...

Also I stated that the conversion "always works if I add one file at a time to queue" (by clicking Open Source > File)... this means the problem isn't that an iso file is DVD-encrypted, it means there's a problem with batch scan, as I stated originally. Again, if I use Open Source > Folder (Batch Scan), then add each one to queue, it only converts the first file then fails on all the rest.

Do you need to see all of these files' logs? There's 15 episodes and 37 log files because I tried to batch convert 15 episodes twice, then manually added one at a time 9 episodes in 3-episode queue chunks which were completely successful. Again, it works if I manually add each file one at a time through the FIle option, and every episode but the first fails on Batch Scan queue adding.

Maybe somebody can actually read what I wrote and connect some basic logic with the log file and maybe could also review these other files with WinMerge or something similar to see why it's failing? Here's a screenshot example of a major difference:

https://imgur.com/AtdSgMx (the 1st is a batch scan failure like the 2nd, the 3rd is the File manual add success; all were in a queue)

If I'm doing something wrong, please tell me what. Otherwise ask for the log files and I'll upload them so you can review them because right now there looks like a serious flaw with HandBrake and either nobody's been able to show me that Batch Scan works for them or how to get it working for me, and I've had this problem across multiple computers and versions of Windows.
rollin_eng
Veteran User

Post by rollin_eng »

I don’t think you can batch scan iso files.
Deleted User 11865

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

ISO images of DVD or Blu-ray discs have multiple titles each, so they kind of are are folders themselves, so to speak. HandBrake can't scan folders of folders, only folders containing standalone video files.