With upcoming changes to data protection and privacy laws in Europe coming into effect soon, we thought this would be a good time to remind everyone that we do have a privacy policy.
This applies to all users and visitors world-wide.

We have made a few changes to the language to make it clearer in relation to this new regulation but fundamentally, the terms and your rights are unchanged.

If you have any questions about this, please feel free to ask in the General Forum

How to donate

General questions or discussion about HandBrake, Video and/or audio transcoding, trends etc.
PaavoS

How to donate

Post by PaavoS » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:00 pm

Hi all,

I am very new so apologies if this is a stupid question or in the wrong place. Does anyone know how I can donate to the development of HandBrake?

Background:
I have started using HandBrake recently and I love it! It is one of the few free programs out there. From that I assume they live off donations? I tend to donate to free software that I use a lot (Wikipedia, VLC, etc.) and would like to support HandBrake as well. Does anyone if there is a system set up for that? Or does anyone how they are supported financially?

Kind regards,
Paavo

BradleyS

Re: How to donate

Post by BradleyS » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:49 am

Thanks for the kind words. Send me a private message and we can arrange a wire. :P Just kidding.

HandBrake is a volunteer project, no financial support and we are not accepting donations at this time. We suggest donating to Blender and/or VideoLAN on https://handbrake.fr/docs/credits.html

PaavoS

Re: How to donate

Post by PaavoS » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:40 am

OK, will do. Thank you!