Newbie needs help

General questions or discussion about HandBrake, Video and/or audio transcoding, trends etc.
erhan75

Newbie needs help

Post by erhan75 »

Hi guys, i just started using this program and its excellent. I start converting all my home videos from DVD to fast576p mode. As i was doing my dvds I cam across a issue. One of my dvds has 45 titles and its all separate. The others had 1 so the would dvd was converting without an issue. My question is, can i combine all my titles into one mp4 file. My other question is, is the 576p too high for home videos? They seems to be 3 to 4gb per dvd? I was hoping to get 1 to 2gb.

thanks for you help
Erhan
BradleyS

Re: Newbie needs help

Post by BradleyS »

HandBrake does not combine titles.

DVD uses an older compression technology, so you can usually expect much smaller files with Fast 576p25.
BradleyS

Post by BradleyS »

If you’re still getting large files, you might want to look into the NLMeans denoiser. Its Tape tune is made for home video type material; can also use Film or High Motion.
erhan75

Post by erhan75 »

Thanks for your reply. What software can I use to to combine them please?
BradleyS

Post by BradleyS »

MKVToolNix will combine multiple MKV files. You can use HandBrake to make them after conversion or better yet, use MakeMKV on the DVD directly, MKVToolNix to combine, then feed the combined file to HandBrake for conversion to other formats.