Subtitles Selection Behavior

General questions or discussion about HandBrake, Video and/or audio transcoding, trends etc.
c.s.g.

Subtitles Selection Behavior

Post by c.s.g. »

Hi,

I am using the latest nightly build of Handbrake from 06.04.2018 and have one question about it.
I.e.:
On the "Subtitles" Tab when clicking the Button "Selection Behavior" I set "Deutsch" as the first language and "English" as the second language in the "Chosen Languages:" Listbox.

But when converting a DVD to a MKV the automatic generated order of the selected Subtiteles is for example "3 English" as the first subtitle, "5 Deutsch" as the second subtitle and "11 Deutsch" as the third subtitle.

Is there a setting / switch so that the default order would be "5 Deutsch" as the first subtitle, "11 Deutsch" as the second subttitle and "3 English" as the third subtitle? I. e. the order of the selected subtitels should be the same as the order of the "Chosen Languages:" Listbox in the "Selection Behavior" dialog.

On the "Audio" Tab Handbrake already respects the order of the "Chosen Languages:" Listbox in that "Selection Behavior" dialog. I. e. "3 Deutsch" is the first audio track, "1 English" the second one.

Yours
c.s.g.
s55
HandBrake Team

Re: Subtitles Selection Behavior

Post by s55 »

It honours the source order, not the language order. I'm afraid there are no controls on this but it's an interesting feature to add at some point in the future.
c.s.g.

Re: Subtitles Selection Behavior

Post by c.s.g. »

Hi,

thank you for the fast reply.
... but it's an interesting feature to add at some point in the future.
Good to hear. It is only a nice to have feature for me.

c.s.g.