hb.xxxx folders

General questions or discussion about HandBrake, Video and/or audio transcoding, trends etc.
Bigo2
Novice

hb.xxxx folders

Post by Bigo2 »

Hi I was searching for information here but could not find any...
My problem is:
HandBrake is creating folders in my C: drive - (for example C:\Users\......\AppData\Local\Temp\hb.2296) In the folder apart from others there are "x264.log.mbtree" files which are quite large - over 1 GB. After some time the C drive becomes full because of these...
Can you please explain what these are for and especially why they stay there taking the space of my C drive? Is there something wrong with my setting?
rollin_eng
Veteran User

Re: hb.xxxx folders

Post by rollin_eng »

Just temp files, it should be safe to delete them if you have closed HB.
Bigo2
Novice

Post by Bigo2 »

Thanks - OK that's what I'm doing, deleting them, but what about those users who are not so adventurous to go to the system folders and delete something there? Why isn't there something in the HandBrake configuration to take care about this? Or..., am I mistaken and there actually there IS something there to take care about this?
rollin_eng
Veteran User

Post by rollin_eng »

Technically I would expect a program to clean up after itself but obviously if it crashes it may not.

But I would also expect my OS to clean up temp files if needed. Windows Disk Cleanup will do this.
Bigo2
Novice

Post by Bigo2 »

Yes! Perhaps...
Thanks for you attention rollin_eng