NLMeans options

General questions or discussion about HandBrake, Video and/or audio transcoding, trends etc.
Bjomesphat

NLMeans options

Post by Bjomesphat »

It's probably been a month since I've used Handbrake, but I installed the latest nightly for Windows and noticed the preset and tune options for NLMeans is gone. Was it redundant having these options in conjunction with video settings? I would often use the film tune on the video tab, but would choose the grain tune under NLMeans. Was this misguided?
s55
HandBrake Team

Re: NLMeans options

Post by s55 »

The Preset/Tune options haven't changed. Can you screenshot what your looking at?
Bjomesphat

Post by Bjomesphat »

Just to be clear, the preset/tune in the Video tab is fine, it's under the Filters tab when you select NLMeans that changed.

Edit: Image didn't show, here's the link.

https://s10.postimg.org/l8zytm2vd/image.jpg
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

I have no clue how you managed that. I take it simply changing Denoise to hqdn3d and back again doesn't fix it?
Bjomesphat

Post by Bjomesphat »

Heh, that fixed it.

I think it had something to do with loading an unfinished job in my queue when I first booted up HB. I guess the settings from an older nightly didn't translate 1:1 with the new version.

It's working as expected now. I re-booted the software and started a job fresh and everything is normal. Probably should have done some more troubleshooting first in retrospect.