Using the Extra Options in Video tab in Handbrake

General questions or discussion about HandBrake, Video and/or audio transcoding, trends etc.
loninappleton

Using the Extra Options in Video tab in Handbrake

Post by loninappleton »

Is there a list of codes for using the Extra Options in Video in Handbrake and their
functions?

I am most interested in all HB settings for screen captures in mkv format from video.

It's my first post at handbrake forum.
Woodstock
Veteran User

Re: Using the Extra Options in Video tab in Handbrake

Post by Woodstock »

The first question is, "Why?" Using the Extras Options section does not always do desirable things.

Are there specific issues you have with the presets that you think tweaking them will fix? Or are you trying to follow the lead of some internet "expert" who isn't working with the same sort of sources that you have?
loninappleton

Post by loninappleton »

Ok, I'll just say the question is moot since I've been getting good results.
What I didn't know was if the specific context I mentioned had special settings:
a screen capture from a broadcast source which is recoded in Handbrake for smaller size.

Perhaps a preferred preset?
mduell
Veteran User

Post by mduell »

The slowest preset you can tolerate, plus any tune that applies to your content (broadcast doesn't tell us anything about the content).
Woodstock
Veteran User

Post by Woodstock »

And "broadcast sources" can have their own issues, so you might want to work with one of the nightly builds, which are more tolerant of those issues.
loninappleton

Post by loninappleton »

I looked up tuning in the FAQ and yes I have seen that while using Handbrake but never set any of the
tunes.

I will continue with the Hb standard build. Out of curiosity I will see what there is in nightly builds
for future jobs.

Thanks to all who answered.