How to not lose any video quality?

General questions or discussion about HandBrake, Video and/or audio transcoding, trends etc.
Bubbazoom
New User

How to not lose any video quality?

Post by Bubbazoom »

I've been ripping my bluray movies with MakeMKV, but due to wanting forced subtitles, I went to use handbrake after I've ripped the movie.

When I use handbrake there is a big quality drop when streaming to my TV. I don't understand the program very well as I'm not great with computers.

I don't care about file size for the time being either. Not every movie needs to be perfect quality, but the big blockbuster movies and CGIish ones I want max quality. I can pass on movies like Bridesmaids but I still want perfect quality.

I've searched on the boards and can't find anything, but again, I don't really know what I'm looking for.

Hope someone can help and can walk me through some stuff.

Thanks! :)
BradleyS

Re: How to not lose any video quality?

Post by BradleyS »

The documentation may answer your questions: https://handbrake.fr/docs/en/1.0.0/

Read the Quick Start article first. A more detailed breakdown starts with Opening a video source.
Smithcraft
Veteran User

Post by Smithcraft »

Or you could use MKVtoolnix to set a subtitle stream to 'Forced' and call it good.

SC
Smithcraft
Veteran User

Post by Smithcraft »

Or you could use MKVtoolnix to set a subtitle stream to 'Forced' and call it good.

SC