Older versions

General questions or discussion about HandBrake, Video and/or audio transcoding, trends etc.
xanScorp
New User

Older versions

Post by xanScorp »

Does anyone know where I can find a version which predates whomever allowed the software to become [Censored]? It used to run smoothly, and quickly. Then the last three or four updates just went right down the toilet. I need the GOOD version back, not this nonsense that take 6 hours for a 90 minute movie to transcode with subtitles burnt into it.
BradleyS

Re: Older versions

Post by BradleyS »

I approved your post, but would appreciate a change in tone. If you're having problems with an encode, please paste the encode log so we can try to help. See the red box above.
Woodstock
Veteran User

Re: Older versions

Post by Woodstock »

If you use the same settings in 0.10 and 1.0, you should get about the same encode times, plus or minus processor load on other tasks.

But most of the presets have changed between the 0.x and 1.x series, to favor better compression over raw speed. There are still fast presets, though.

You can find older versions in the download area, but versions prior to 0.10.5 will be available as "source only", due to licensing issues.

As Bradley says, showing you where the slowness is requires logs. Something as "simple" as requesting deinterlace on a non-interlaced slows the encode greatly.