Convert Handbrake GUI commands to use in Handbrake CLI

General questions or discussion about HandBrake, Video and/or audio transcoding, trends etc.
simonlefisch

Convert Handbrake GUI commands to use in Handbrake CLI

Post by simonlefisch »

Hello,

I was wondering if there is any way to convert the commands that are used in the GUI so that I may use them in Handbrake CLI? I know there used to be a CLI query line in the logs but that is no longer there. Is there any way that I can convert a preset I created in the Handbrake GUI to be used as CLI commands?

Reason being is that soon I am going to be switching my server OS from Windows to Linux (Ubuntu server or CentOS) and will mostly be using CLI. If any one can give me any info, that would be much appreciated. TIA
Woodstock
Veteran User

Re: Convert Handbrake GUI commands to use in Handbrake CLI

Post by Woodstock »

If you do not need features that were added to the GUI in version 1, you can download 0.10.5 for Windows from the archives; it generates the equivalent of the CLI in the encode log.

If you can find a copy of 0.9.x and can live within its limits, it can create a batch file from the queue.
simonlefisch

Post by simonlefisch »

Woodstock wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:55 pm If you do not need features that were added to the GUI in version 1, you can download 0.10.5 for Windows from the archives; it generates the equivalent of the CLI in the encode log.

If you can find a copy of 0.9.x and can live within its limits, it can create a batch file from the queue.
Sweet! I will do that. Thank you for your response.

One more question....would I be able to import a preset I created in Handbrake GUI to CLI?
mduell
Veteran User

Post by mduell »

Best option: Look up the CLI options and provide them yourself.

On the latest versions, the CLI can import GUI presets.