No Donations?

General questions or discussion about HandBrake, Video and/or audio transcoding, trends etc.
pulaki

No Donations?

Post by pulaki »

I really like your product and would love to send a donation. When I read earlier posts re: this, It appears that you all are not taking donations. Has your status on this subject changed by chance?

Also, are you aware that [Removed Dubious Product Reference] is pilfering your name on Google AdWords. When I Google Handbreak, their ad comes up. This is not allowed by Google, or at least it did not used to be, and for obvious reasons. Would you like me to report them? I almost bought their program thinking it was you.

Thanks for your fantastic program! Cynthia-
s55
HandBrake Team

Re: No Donations?

Post by s55 »

We do not accept donations. This is a hobby project for us and accepting donations comes with a lot of hassle. We'd need to setup a legal entity and go through all the hassles that involves. Accounts, tax returns etc etc etc. We also don't want to be indebted to anyone.

We do appreciate the thought very much :)

If you see malicious ad's, feel free to report them if you wish but it's quite the game of whack-a-mole.
BradleyS

Re: No Donations?

Post by BradleyS »

At the bottom of the Credits article, part of the HandBrake documentation, we have listed two worthy alternatives if you are so inclined: https://handbrake.fr/docs/credits.html

The [Removed Dubious Product Reference] thing is surely an annoyance, but I've not had much luck sorting it with Google.