HandBrake 1.0.7 Release Discssuion

General questions or discussion about HandBrake, Video and/or audio transcoding, trends etc.
HandBrake

HandBrake 1.0.7 Release Discssuion

Post by HandBrake »

Discuss the 1.0.7 Bug Fix Release here.

Release Announcement and Notes

If you happen to discover any reproducible bugs or issues, please tell us about them on our bugs forum or GitHub issue tracker. You can also get in touch on our IRC support channel.
Big-Gee

Re: HandBrake 1.0.7 Release Discssuion

Post by Big-Gee »

Hello...
Am totally new to Handbrake . I just joined this forum so this is first post. I have installed V1.0.7 and am running into some difficulties with it crashing, and I think it is due perhaps to not understanding the settings completely.

I found an article on Techspot that talks about HEVC encoding using handbrake with some screen shots and setup instructions. However, that article seems to have a different GUI than version 1.0.7 especially in the presets area so I'm guessing that the screens are for an older version of handbrake.
see: http://www.techspot.com/article/1131-he ... page4.html

In looking at the documentation for handbrake itself, the doc reflects version 1.0.0 and not the current version.
As a suggestion, perhaps someone at handbrake who understands the product fully could produce something similar to this article's screen shots for HEVC encoding using the current GUI and incorporate it into your documentation.

This could be very helpful to many, especially us newbies.

I do have one quick question around this suggestion and that is as follows:
I have a 32GB mkv file created with Makemkv (title 3 of Inglorious Basterds Blu-Ray) that shows as 1080p and it keeps crashing when I try to convert it to HEVC (H2.65 MKV 1080p 30 preset). It gets part ways in around 1GB output then crashes.
Would this be a problem with the mkv file produced by Makemkv, or is handbrake usage here with the idea of making the source file into HEVC to reduce file size and keep at 1080p, not appropriate?

Thanks for your help and consideration of my documentation request.
rollin_eng
Veteran User

Post by rollin_eng »

Could you please post your logs, instructions can be found here:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=31236
JohnAStebbins
HandBrake Team

Post by JohnAStebbins »

As far as documentation goes 1.0.0 == 1.0.7. All 1.0.x releases are only bug fixes. No enhancements, no UI changes aside from bug fixes.
Big-Gee

Post by Big-Gee »

Hi Rollin eng...

thanks for the reply. 2 questions regarding your postingl ogs suggestion:

I have read the info at the link you provided.
1. in posting the logs, instead of posting to a site and prviding a link, can the logs just be copied and pasted into the body of a reply like this one?

2. Since I need to post in the correct forum, I suppose I will need to start a new conversion thread in the window forum rather than here? Is that correct?

thanks
Woodstock
Veteran User

Post by Woodstock »

When posting to the forum directly, you want to have "code" tags around the log, so it keeps the display size of the message small, and prevents some ugliness from displaying. :)

It will look like this while you're editing:

[code]Your Log Goes Here[/code]

If you're using the "full editor", there is a button that will insert the tags, which looks like this: </>

Posting in the forum is actually preferred, but sometimes the log is too big to fit in a message.
Big-Gee

Post by Big-Gee »

HI All...

OK, so still not sure of where to post my issue: here or elsewhere? I want to make sure that I follow the rules so as to not upset people, and ensure that the problem comes to the people top best help.

Problem is:
Handbrake crashes partway thru a recode to HEVC (H.265) from an mkv 32GB file? Where should I post the problem and the logs?
Thanks.
mduell
Veteran User

Post by mduell »

Start your own support thread in the relevant support forum.
Big-Gee

Post by Big-Gee »

thanks. Makes total sene so will do.

Cheers!