Is it possible to add all chapters to queue at once?

General questions or discussion about HandBrake, Video and/or audio transcoding, trends etc.
ccthecat

Is it possible to add all chapters to queue at once?

Post by ccthecat »

Hi, Is it possible to add all chapters to queue at once?

At the moment I am adding each chapter to the queue one at a time. For 23 chapters on a Dvd it can take a while! So just wondering if I can somehow add all chapters all at once , so it copies each chapter individually. I want to end up with 23 chapters at the end all individual files. Hope that makes sense.

rollin_eng
Veteran User

Re: Is it possible to add all chapters to queue at once?

Post by rollin_eng »

You will probably need to use the CLI to do this automatically.
Woodstock
Veteran User

Post by Woodstock »

And a script.

The GUI is designed around doing things a "large percentage" (probably 90% or more) of users do every day. Breaking a 23-chapter DVD file into 23 separate files is outside that percentage. Not unheard of - some collections of old cartoons are "one episode per chapter", as are some exercise videos.

This is one of the instances where having access to the older versions' command line generator was very handy - construct the first encode, and save the command line query to a file. Edit that file to make multiple copies of the command line, modify the lines for the remaining chapters, and run the result as a batch file using the command line.

It can still be done using export/edit/import of the queue, but the current queue formats are rather tedious to edit. :roll:
ccthecat

Post by ccthecat »

Thank You for the advice and replies! Probably a little too advanced for me but I will look into it :)
keybounce

Post by keybounce »

Or for that matter, a disk with 4 episodes, each episode being 6 chapters.

So how can I convert a queue entry to a command line?
Woodstock
Veteran User

Post by Woodstock »

Ah, there's the rub - since the dependency on the CLI has been removed from the graphic interfaces, there isn't a way to coax a command line out of the GUI anymore. Some of us hang on to older versions JUST because they can generate command lines. Really old versions would generate batch files from queues.

The format of the queue file itself is subject to change are every version, but it is actually not that difficult to parse. If I had more time, I might try making a queue-to-batch converter. But that is not something I'll have time to do for a while.
mduell
Veteran User

Post by mduell »

Woodstock wrote: Mon May 01, 2017 12:34 pmAh, there's the rub - since the dependency on the CLI has been removed from the graphic interfaces, there isn't a way to coax a command line out of the GUI anymore. Some of us hang on to older versions JUST because they can generate command lines. Really old versions would generate batch files from queues.
This is impossibly dumb compared to learning the straightforward CLI syntax.