Can't figure this one out...

General questions or discussion about HandBrake, Video and/or audio transcoding, trends etc.
blotto37

Can't figure this one out...

Post by blotto37 »

On the Doctor Who (1963) Story 71 Invasion of the Dinosaurs DVD, Episode 1 is in b/w. This is from the only surviving 16mm reel. Under "Special Features" on the DVD, you can toggle to show a restored and colorized version of the episode. I converted the track I thought was color to mp4. To the contrary, it was b/w and I cannot find another track on the DVD that is in color for that episode.
Deleted User 11865

Re: Can't figure this one out...

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

The red banner (see above) should tell you where to get the HandBrake log -- which is mandatory as per the forum rules (whether it's needed for a particular case being determined by a moderator or developer, rather than the user). Also, it happens to be very useful in this particular case, too :)
blotto37

Post by blotto37 »

http://pastebin.com/zsnKrmFL

I looked at the media info for this track in VLC. Apparently there are 2 video streams.
blotto37

Post by blotto37 »

Found it! I changed the angle from 1 to 2. You know, I have never used this setting in Handbrake before. I've used it in DVD players. Discovering there were 2 streams made me think of it.
Deleted User 11865

Indeed - does HandBrake's angle selector (should be close to the title selector) let you pick a second angle?
Deleted User 11865

Well, there you go.
blotto37

Post by blotto37 »

Rodeo wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:36 am Indeed - does HandBrake's angle selector (should be close to the title selector) let you pick a second angle?
It does. Never thought about it 'til now. Doesn't look like it's possible to include both however.
Woodstock
Veteran User

Post by Woodstock »

Tools that are designed for ripping often will show you the available angles. MakeMKV, for example, will show all available angles, with the primary one already selected, but you have the option of selecting others.
Deleted User 11865

Woodstock wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:16 am Tools that are designed for ripping often will show you the available angles. MakeMKV, for example, will show all available angles, with the primary one already selected, but you have the option of selecting others.
So can HandBrake. But neither can output both angles to the same file.