HandBrake 1.0.2 Discussion Thread

General questions or discussion about HandBrake, Video and/or audio transcoding, trends etc.
HandBrake

HandBrake 1.0.2 Discussion Thread

Post by HandBrake »

Discuss the 1.0.2 Bug Fix Release here.

Release Announcement and Notes

If you happen to discover any reproducible bugs or issues, please tell us about them on our bugs forum or GitHub issue tracker. You can also get in touch on our IRC support channel.
mduell
Veteran User

Re: HandBrake 1.0.2 Discussion Thread

Post by mduell »

It's noon-o'clock and the AAC encoder still blows.
piratemc74

eyeTV auto naming issue still not fixed

Post by piratemc74 »

I installed 1.0.2 when prompted, yet the auto naming issue with an eyeTV source file still does not pick up the name of the bundle, like it did pre-v1.

I also downloaded the nightly build, and got same result.

Thanks for addressing this issue. I'm assuming you don't need any logs, as you've already been working on this issue.
Deleted User 11865

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

Yes, we need logs please.
JWS

Post by JWS »

Is multi-pass encoding a thing of the past?
Could not find it in the options.
Woodstock
Veteran User

Post by Woodstock »

Multi-pass is only needed if you set a target average bit rate (Video tab, right side), in which case the two controls become active.

Constant Quality is a one-pass process.
JWS

Post by JWS »

Curious... Are the custom presets deleted during the upgrade?
I had spent week fine-tuning my settings to my environment, and now they appear to be gone.
gquiring

Post by gquiring »

I gave up today. Went back to .99. I batch files, come back and found it bombs every time. And the 1.02 is much slower.
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

Saying it "doesn't" work, doesn't help anyone to fix any problems that may exist. Please raise a bug in the bugs forum or github issue tracker.

Also, if you use the *same* settings, it's not slower. The default settings changed to favour quality/filesize more over speed. If you want after encodes, you can always compromise quality/filesize to do the same as 0.9.9 did. The general rule for encoding is Speed, Quality, Filesize. Pick 2. You need to find the balance that works for you. The encode speed range is from 0.01fps to 2000fps+ fps
scottyo

Re: eyeTV auto naming issue still not fixed

Post by scottyo »

piratemc74 wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:00 pm I installed 1.0.2 when prompted, yet the auto naming issue with an eyeTV source file still does not pick up the name of the bundle, like it did pre-v1.

I also downloaded the nightly build, and got same result.

Thanks for addressing this issue. I'm assuming you don't need any logs, as you've already been working on this issue.
I would like to support this request. Perhaps another draggable item in the name formatter list: "bundle name"?

It really helps with eyetv bundles and I transcode a lot of them.