Can handbrake change video title?

General questions or discussion about HandBrake, Video and/or audio transcoding, trends etc.
pbirke

Can handbrake change video title?

Post by pbirke »

Hello, I often use HandBrake to re-encode a video to m4v. format. When I do, I change the file name to the naming convention I use for my library. However when the video is played back in a variety of apps (VLC, iTunes, QuickTime, Plex, etc) the original filename is used for the video's title.

I understand that this has something to do with the mpeg container but I don't know how to change it. I have read that there a third party tools to change meta data associated with the video but I am wonder if there is a way for HandBrake to change the video's title, preferably to be the same as the filename.

Apologies if this has been covered before, I searched but I am not sure I know what I am asking. Thanks!

HandBrake Version 0.10.5 x86_64 (2016021100) running on Mac OS X 10.10.5 (14F1912)
mduell
Veteran User

Re: Can handbrake change video title?

Post by mduell »

No.
kpflugshaupt
Novice

Post by kpflugshaupt »

You'll have to use a third party tool for this. For m4v containers, that would be Subler on MacOS and MP4Box on Windows. There may be others.
pbirke

Post by pbirke »

Thanks!