Make MKV Beta Registration Key

General questions or discussion about HandBrake, Video and/or audio transcoding, trends etc.
JSW

Make MKV Beta Registration Key

Post by JSW »

Hi,

I started using MakeMKV last year when DVDFab started getting unreliable. It's my understanding that you can use the beta version for free. I'd used it for a while, when it told me my trial period was over, but that I could continue to use it for 30 days (or something to that effect). Once that period was up, it would no longer let me rip discs. I tried upgrading to the most recent beta version, but still got the same message.

I searched around on the web and found an old post (several years old) on another forum that said it is free to use the beta version, and gave the key shown below that it said was good through January 2016. That was several years in the future at the time of the post, but if this key really expires at the end of January, it will only be good for the next few weeks. This key has been working for me by the way.

(key removed by mod)

Does anyone know if this key will really expire, and if so, does anyone have a newer one?

Thanks for your help!
Last edited by s55 on Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed key
mduell
Veteran User

Re: Make MKV Beta Registration Key

Post by mduell »

The post you found that key in is updated periodically with the new beta key. They didn't post a key in March 2010 valid through January 2016.
JSW

Post by JSW »

mduell wrote:The post you found that key in is updated periodically with the new beta key. They didn't post a key in March 2010 valid through January 2016.
Ok, that makes sense.

Thanks for the quick reply!
Deleted User 13735

Post by Deleted User 13735 »

Every month, iirc.
Woodstock
Veteran User

Post by Woodstock »

Not quite monthly.... Mike usually sets the beta keys to expire after 60 days.

I've suggested to him several times over the last couple of years that he at least bump that topic every time he changes it, so it shows up as "new", but he doesn't pay attention to me... No one pays attention to the announcements because they are "never new"... :roll: