Ripper Replacement Recommendation For DVDFab?

General questions or discussion about HandBrake, Video and/or audio transcoding, trends etc.
JSW

Ripper Replacement Recommendation For DVDFab?

Post by JSW »

Hi,

I've used DVDFab, in conjunction with HandBrake, for years. Since the free version of DVDFab stopped supporting Blu-ray decrypting last year, I've been getting by with release 9.1.x.x, which still supports blu-ray decryption. However that has been getting more and more hit and miss as time goes by. For example, I just picket up season one of The Strain, and DVDFab can't rip it. Usually if it can't rip a disc, it generates a read error right away. I've also had several instances where it tries to process a disc, but the audio tracks show as "4.1". These either fail to rip at all, or if they do, the resulting files fail in HB.

I've done some research online, but there are a number of packages out there, and a number of conflicting views on them. I was wondering what Blu-ray ripping software (including decryption) is used / recommended by other HB users? I just want something to rip the discs, I love HB and plan to continue using it for conversion.

Thanks for your help!
Deleted User 11865

Re: Ripper Replacement Recommendation For DVDFab?

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

MakeMKV is the only robust freeware alternative. AnyDVD HD is very good, but expensive.
nhyone
Bright Spark User

Post by nhyone »

Does DVDFab have a non-US version that still supports decryption?
GregiBoy
Veteran User

Post by GregiBoy »

Yes, and there is now no US version, just the full package.
mduell
Veteran User

Post by mduell »

MakeMKV
Deleted User 13735

Post by Deleted User 13735 »

Downloading post-injunction versions of DVDFab in the US "may" get you the wrong kind of attention