HandBrake 0.10.1 Discussion Thread.

General questions or discussion about HandBrake, Video and/or audio transcoding, trends etc.
HandBrake

HandBrake 0.10.1 Discussion Thread.

Post by HandBrake »

Discussion Thread for the 0.10.1 Release.
timsutton

Re: HandBrake 0.10.1 Discussion Thread.

Post by timsutton »

Just one point - the Sparkle feed for Mac hasn't yet been updated, and the download for 0.10.0 is a 404.

Not sure if there's normally a delay in updating the feed, so just ignore if it's incoming.

Thanks!
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

It'll be enabled eventually. Just not yet.
soporific

Post by soporific »

Best update evar!!! I had so much trouble with 0.10.0 batching multiple conversions, HB would keep crashing. Even loading a folder full of files was problematic, crashing happened with no discernible pattern. I had to resort to shorter and shorter file names just to get HB to work.

The new version doesn't seem to have any of these issues! Yay. Cheers team.
GordonKWerner

Post by GordonKWerner »

Good evening.

Just upgraded to the latest version for Mac OS X and I am experiencing some weirdness ...

Handbrake seems to be real real real slow when opening new windows like the activity log or the queue ... I think I had to hit command-, (preferences) about 20 times before the preference window opened.

I'm not seeing anything in the system logs related to the delay ... but it is definitely inconvenient.

Thanx
randomreuben
Veteran User

Post by randomreuben »

Just wanted to say "Thanks!" for the hard work you guys put in to keep HandBrake up to date and still the best software package on any OS.
Tom34

Post by Tom34 »

Thanks to the dev team!
smares

Post by smares »

Thanks for the new version! There is one thing that bugs me though, the modulus is not saved in the presets and I always have to pay attention when encoding a video to select modulus 8 because with the predefined 16, full HD videos have 1088 vertical resolution and my Panasonic BD cannot cope with that.
Hanbrakeur
Experienced

Post by Hanbrakeur »

[please delete this post, sorry]
Nicky Leonetti

Post by Nicky Leonetti »

Hi

I've just downloaded the new version but I think I'm missing the x264 advanced options panel unless its been taken out for this version? Any help would be great thanks.
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

It's not missing, it's deprecated.

It can be turned on in preferences. However, the Video Preset/Tune/Profile/Level options are the preferred way of configuring the encoder now.
Nicky Leonetti

Post by Nicky Leonetti »

Hi Team

Thanks for that. I'm using the GeForce Experience GTX 980 Shadowplay the in game resolution settings are on high quality, 60fps, 50mbps, using h.264. 1920 x 1080. After recording the files are always in the gb, which take hours to upload on youtube, I was wondering what would be the best way to encode in handbrake? Thanks for any assistance.
HandyMan
Bright Spark User

Post by HandyMan »

The lastest news still refer to

Code: Select all

Latest News - 22-November-2014

HandBrake 0.10.0 has been released!
mduell
Veteran User

Post by mduell »

Nicky Leonetti wrote:Hi Team

Thanks for that. I'm using the GeForce Experience GTX 980 Shadowplay the in game resolution settings are on high quality, 60fps, 50mbps, using h.264. 1920 x 1080. After recording the files are always in the gb, which take hours to upload on youtube, I was wondering what would be the best way to encode in handbrake? Thanks for any assistance.
High Profile preset would be a good place to start.
jaffboy151

Post by jaffboy151 »

Hi, New to the forum, but a long time user of Handbrake,
I've been using the previous version since release to encode in H265 (HEVC) I had to take some extreme advanced setting in order to achieve pictures that were not extremely blocky and blury, all presents for instance would when converting a formula One race would loose all detail of the track surface and have on long distance panning shot have cars vanish almost like into a fog of the background... With a few basic but extreme settings I managed to solve this issue and the one where dark grey/black scenes would turn into a blocky 90's computer like effect I was quite pleased with my results and was rapidly converting the backlog of programs I have stored over to the new format as it saves a lot of space and saves me re-encoding it when transferring to watch on a mobile device.
Anyway.. back to the point of me registering.. upon updating to the latest handbrake, my previous hardworked setting are now providing garbage pictures, I'm busy trying to develop new settings now but as I encode a lot of F1 races in HD and they are often 3-4 hours in length, you can imagine this might take me some time, not helped by the fact the preview mode seems to be playing up in this version, any info on exactly what has changed with the x265 in this new version? is it working correctly now or was the previous version working ok and this one is having trouble? any info might help..