Audio Track Unknown Language

General questions or discussion about HandBrake, Video and/or audio transcoding, trends etc.
e_identity

Audio Track Unknown Language

Post by e_identity »

I am really grateful for all the assistance in these forums. I have searched in the forum and more generally, but haven't found an answer. This is may first time using this software.

I used MakeMVD to rip a blue ray disc - Bourne Identity is a good example - to my hard drive.
When I run BDInfo on the ripped file, it shows DTS audio tracks under the "Codec" heading in various languages. The languages are specified (e.g. Japanese, English, etc...)
When I set the largest file in the ripped "Stream" folder (00009.m2ts) as source in Handbrake (0.10), the audio tab shows two tracks with the selectable source tracks (seven DTS and one A3C) each with an "unknown" language.
I am thinking that the ripped files have the language information because BDInfo is able to display it.
Is there some reason Handbrake might be missing that information?
I encoded video using the default selection of the first of 8 listed source files, and it turned out to be German (I am pretty sure), not a language I speak.
Rather than just guess, I'd like to find a a way to have Handbrake identify the language of the audio track.
This same problem also presents on other BD rips specifically--North by NorthWest and Bourne Supremacy.
Thanks for all the assistance,
e_identity
TedJ
Veteran User

Re: Audio Track Unknown Language

Post by TedJ »

The audio track information is stored in the playlist (mpls) files. Rather than opening the transport stream (m2ts) directly, open the folder above the BDMV folder and let HandBrake parse all the available titles (including chapter, audio track and subtitle information) as it does for DVD sources.
e_identity

Post by e_identity »

TedJ,
That worked really well, Thank you!
e_identity
CaBear

Re: Picture Setting window

Post by CaBear »

The Picture Setting window closes every time a new file is loaded. Because I want to change the settings for each new file being loaded the closing of the Picture Setting window is forcing me to set up the Picture Setting change all over again every time. In the last version this wasn't necessary and I can't find where to change this preference.
TedJ
Veteran User

Post by TedJ »

Please start your own thread in the appropriate subforum for your OS.
RodimusPrime98

Post by RodimusPrime98 »

I have a similar question. So it is not possible for Handbrake in a future update to pull in the audio track information instead of leaving it as unknown?
The reason I have not used the .mpls method is it seems to only include 1 track and I am unable to encode multiple tracks (DTS, DTS-HD, AC3, etc.) using that method, am I missing something in my process that should allow me to add the same tracks visible in the .mts process when doing the .mpls process?