Updated to OS X Mavericks and now Handbrake doesn't work

General questions or discussion about HandBrake, Video and/or audio transcoding, trends etc.
swoppmeet

Updated to OS X Mavericks and now Handbrake doesn't work

Post by swoppmeet »

Looking for some guidance...basic user here. Just updated my Macbook pro to OS X Mavericks...Handbrake worked great prior to this...now, after the update Handbrake is kicking out files that are what I assume not free of the copyright/video protection. I'm using the basic/generic settings for Apple TV as I'm just simply creating a file to transfer onto my iPad. The file created has the correct audio, but the video is coming through with what appears to be a pixelated image. When I say pixelated - it's actually large blurry blocks that prevent me from actually seeing the video. I've gone through and updated my VLC player and tried to find other fixes on the web...but no luck. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Woodstock
Veteran User

Re: Updated to OS X Mavericks and now Handbrake doesn't work

Post by Woodstock »

The decryption of DVDs is not built into Handbrake. It requires external software to do, and your machine probably lost the bits you needed.

Ripping the contents with a program like MakeMKV would take care of the decryption, then process the results through Handbrake. It's actually faster, when dealing with multiple disks.