HandBrake 0.10.0 Beta - Discussion Thread

General questions or discussion about HandBrake, Video and/or audio transcoding, trends etc.
Deleted User 11865

Re: HandBrake 0.10.0 Beta - Discussion Thread

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

I believe someone expressed interest in porting our nlmeans implementation to OpenCL, though I don't think any promises were made.

Looks like what you linked to on doom9 is not open source though?
mike548141

Post by mike548141 »

Just tried out 0.10.4 beta for Mac, the new features look great especially the automatic track selection.

One question. From what I understand when encoding for Apple devices you should try to make the first audio track an AAC encode, the secondary audio tracks can be whatever (AC3, DTS etc).

If that is correct is there a way to make the default audio track select option "Use only second encoder for secondary audio"? Or maybe you could have a drop down box to select which encoder row to use for secondary audio tracks?

As always great work by the developers thanks,

MC
Deleted User 11865

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

mike548141 wrote:If that is correct is there a way to make the default audio track select option "Use only second encoder for secondary audio"?
Have you tested that such a setup (AAC, AC3, AC3) even works? If you do that, the second audio will not be usable on any of Apple's mobile devices, too (it might or might not work on the AppleTV, and only if it's correctly hooked up to a compatible receiver).
mike548141

Post by mike548141 »

Hi Rodeo,
Have you tested that such a setup (AAC, AC3, AC3) even works? If you do that, the second audio will not be usable on any of Apple's mobile devices, too (it might or might not work on the AppleTV, and only if it's correctly hooked up to a compatible receiver).
Yip, I've been testing that setup (AAC, AC3, AC3...DTS etc) for about 3+ years now. Tweaking the settings just right etc...
I have tested on iPhone, iPad, AppleTV, iMac/MBP/MacMini (iTunes, Quicktime, VLC), Windows & Linux with VLC and a few friends setups.
The AppleTV (v2 & v3) connected to a AV receiver (Onkyo TX-SR875, Pioneer [forgotten]) automatically uses the second audio track (AC3) while the iDevices use the AAC track.

MC