Will not rip DVD

General questions or discussion about HandBrake, Video and/or audio transcoding, trends etc.
davefire

Will not rip DVD

Post by davefire »

I've used handbrake successfully multiple times with no problems. The recent problem I'm having is that when I go to Rip a DVD it will Rip the "with narration and movie part", or just the opening credits and then quit. How do I get it to rip the movie it self and not the extra stuff (this has only happened on a couple of DVD's).
Cavalicious

Post by Cavalicious »

Choosing the correct Video Title and/or Audio Title will help...You gave us little to no detail as to what you are doing (i.e settings, DVD title, etc.).

:idea:
davefire

problem

Post by davefire »

I'm using ipod-high rez and than changing the .m4v to mp4, I change the bit rate to 2500 and than play it. If you don't use the high rez ipod it won't play clear on the ipod or iphone. The times that it doesn't work it just gives me the opening segment and than stops and I'm not doing anything different.
hawkman
Veteran User

Post by hawkman »

As Cav said, if you get the wrong content it is because the wrong content was selected. Sounds like you have the wrong soundtrack chosen, or (possibly) the wrong title.