Version 0.9.5

General questions or discussion about HandBrake, Video and/or audio transcoding, trends etc.
jamginger

Version 0.9.5

Post by jamginger »

I deleted the latest version and downloaded 0.9.5 and it works very good as it gives the option to select the size of the video to reduce to. :D
TedJ
Veteran User

Re: Version 0.9.5

Post by TedJ »

Um, yay?

So you're willing to give up nearly 3 years of bug fixes and encoder improvements in order to keep a feature that can be readily duplicated using average bitrate encoding and one of the many online bitrate calculators?
jamginger

Post by jamginger »

INDUBITABLY :lol:
TedJ
Veteran User

Post by TedJ »

More power to you then. Be aware that we don't offer any support for old releases.
Deleted User 13735

Post by Deleted User 13735 »

Bitrate (Mbps) X Time (Sec) X .125 = Approximate File Size (MB)

There. You can have your cake and eat it too.
jamginger

Post by jamginger »

TedJ wrote:More power to you then. Be aware that we don't offer any support for old releases.
Support in any of these "things" is not necessarily desperate, and "power" can be misused, you know. :roll:
jamginger

Post by jamginger »

musicvid wrote: Bitrate (Mbps) X Time (Sec) X .125 = Approximate File Size (MB)

There. You can have your cake and eat it too.
I`ve done a few more with 0.9.5 and it worked great. As far as "cake" goes, lovely. Keep "producing" now and stay under control. :lol:
jamginger

Post by jamginger »

Working great :mrgreen: :wink:
randomreuben
Veteran User

Post by randomreuben »

I just wanted the devs to know that I'm still using Ubuntu 12.04 and nothing you say will make me switch to Ubuntu 14.04. Suck it, devs! Power can be misused, you know. BWAHAHAHA! I'll keep posting this every month or so just to let you know how much you've failed.

jamginger, you're the man. I think if you keep using 0.9.5, it'll force the devs to bring back "Target Size". The impact you're having is just phenomenal. You're a Mahatma Gandhi for the downtrodden HandBrake masses.
JohnAStebbins
HandBrake Team

Post by JohnAStebbins »

randomreuben wrote:I think if you keep using 0.9.5, it'll force the devs to bring back "Target Size". The impact you're having is just phenomenal.
Impact? The only impact is the 30 seconds or so that I spend reading this tripe every couple of weeks. If it really bothered me, I would just stop reading it :wink: But if it makes you feel better, feel free to continue using old buggy software.
Deleted User 13735

The improvements in libav alone should steer anyone away from using 0.9.5.
randomreuben
Veteran User

Post by randomreuben »

Impact? The only impact is the 30 seconds or so that I spend reading this tripe every couple of weeks. If it really bothered me, I would just stop reading it :wink: But if it makes you feel better, feel free to continue using old buggy software.
JAS, I was being sarcastic. I was on here asking for the Ubuntu 13.10 HandBrake PPA just a few days ago. I'm not on Ubuntu 12.04 or on HandBrake 0.9.5.

Wait. Maybe you're being sarcastic too? My sarcasm-o-meter is broken right now.
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

*fail* ...
JohnAStebbins
HandBrake Team

Post by JohnAStebbins »

randomreuben wrote: JAS, I was being sarcastic. I was on here asking for the Ubuntu 13.10 HandBrake PPA just a few days ago. I'm not on Ubuntu 12.04 or on HandBrake 0.9.5.

Wait. Maybe you're being sarcastic too? My sarcasm-o-meter is broken right now.
I seem to be sarcasm impaired today :oops:

You do know that the nightly builds support saucy, right?
Deleted User 13735

@randomrueben,
A little winky-smiley guy at the end of your post is a good way to give others a clue that you are being sarcastic, when they may (would) have to possess an elevated level of knowledge in order to detect the sarcastic element in an otherwise rant-like post. Just saying.
:wink:

Of course, sometimes even the winks don't clue them in to the perfectly ridiculous nature of certain threads [sigh].
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=28073
randomreuben
Veteran User

Post by randomreuben »

You do know that the nightly builds support saucy, right?
Yes, I do, and I have been using the nightlies on Saucy for a few days now. Thanks! I especially like the addition of the FDK AAC encoder and I've most been enjoying the recommendation of yours (from some weeks/months ago) to try the aq-strength=1.4 with the grain preset to deal with dark areas in DVD encodes. That really made a difference to how nice they look now.
jamginger

Post by jamginger »

JohnAStebbins wrote:
randomreuben wrote:I think if you keep using 0.9.5, it'll force the devs to bring back "Target Size". The impact you're having is just phenomenal.
Buggy is working great. John, don`t stop reading you could miss something. :roll:
GregiBoy
Veteran User

Post by GregiBoy »

@Jamginger.

Please crawl back in your cave!!

@JAS

I am being sarcastic!! :evil:
jamginger

Post by jamginger »

GregiBoy wrote:@Jamginger.

Please crawl back in your cave!!

@JAS

I am being sarcastic!! :evil:
Well, a board veteran saying that. I would expect "respect other users" as the rules say. :roll:
TedJ
Veteran User

Post by TedJ »

Greg, that was out of line. Let's try to keep things civil shall we?
jamginger

Post by jamginger »

TedJ wrote:Greg, that was out of line. Let's try to keep things civil shall we?
Most people walk in and out of your life,
but FRIENDS leave footprints on your heart! :D
Deleted User 13735

Guys, really.
"jamginger" is no older than about fourteen or fifteen, and very needy for attention. I run into this plenty in my other life.
So let's accept him/her to the forum, and remind and encourage to stay on topic, ask meaningful (not attention-seeking) questions, not to make up stories, and not to troll or provoke established contributors and developers. Above all, this is not a social network, so don't respond to immaturity with immaturity.

If that doesn't work, I'll be the first to suggest giving jamginger the boot.
:wink:
Deleted User 11865

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

Regardless, how about we say this thread is done?