MKVMERGE for Handbrake

General questions or discussion about HandBrake, Video and/or audio transcoding, trends etc.
MrTuKer

MKVMERGE for Handbrake

Post by MrTuKer »

Hi, firstly I would like to compliment everyone involved with this superb piece of software.

Now to my MKVMERGE issue, I have had some instances where I have had to split the final output and rejoin them using MKVMERGE.
For example taking two separate outputs (Audio from one file and video from another) joining them with MKVMERGE (Or maybe removing or adding subtitles) then using Handbrake on the output to create a final mk4 output.

I have to do this as the output once joined with MKVMERGE doesn't work on my LCD TV via USB stick.
So I was wondering if there was any other interest for my proposal of creating a version of MKVMERGE for Handbrake to split and join the outputs so that the correct header information was on the final output file.
I would be happy for this to be either a standalone program or integrated as part of Handbrake itself.

Once again I would like to that the Handbrake team for a superb piece of software.
Smithcraft
Veteran User

Re: MKVMERGE for Handbrake

Post by Smithcraft »

Just looking for a clarification - Do you mean mp4 or mkv for your output?

SC
MrTuKer

Post by MrTuKer »

For mp4's as MKVMERGE creates MKV's which cannot be used on TV's. So if its a new standalone program then it could be called mp4merge or Handbrakemerge or better still be an integral part of Handbrake.
Tjabo
Novice

Post by Tjabo »

Seems you are looking for MP4Box.
MrTuKer

Post by MrTuKer »

Is there a friendly GUI for MP4Box like "MKVMERGE GUI" ?
Smithcraft
Veteran User

Post by Smithcraft »

Two are listed here - http://www.videohelp.com/tools/MP4Box

SC
MrTuKer

Post by MrTuKer »

Yup, tested works great Many thanks.