Preview Tweaks

General questions or discussion about HandBrake, Video and/or audio transcoding, trends etc.
DJ Steve M

Preview Tweaks

Post by DJ Steve M »

Hi, I'm new to this forum but have been using Handbrake for a few months now.
I find Handbrake very easy to use and reliable but there is one thing it doesn't seem to do that would make it perfect.

I'm a VJ and I purchase DVDs from Promo Only. A DVD may have up to 40 videos on it. The problem is when you scan the source all the chapters are listed but when you select the chapter to edit you do not get a preview of the selected chapter but the odd still of the whole source within that cluster of chapters.
I was just wondering if there is a way to force Handbrake to just scan a chapter at a time so the preview window will only show the selected video as music videos come in many different formats and editing them without a proper preview is almost impossible

Kind regards
Steve
Deleted User 11865

Re: Preview Tweaks

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

DJ Steve M wrote:I was just wondering if there is a way to force Handbrake to just scan a chapter at a time so the preview window will only show the selected video as music videos come in many different formats and editing them without a proper preview is almost impossible
Nope, sorry. Patches welcome, but creating preview images is long enough as it is - scanning a separate set of previews for each chapter would make the scan even longer than it already is.
jamiemlaw
Veteran User

Post by jamiemlaw »

Does each video also exist on the DVD as a separate title? If so, you can import each title individually and the previews will be specific to it.
DJ Steve M

Post by DJ Steve M »

All I ask is that if required Handbrake could rescan for users that require it. The DVD block the videos in about 5 .vob files so if there was a way of splitting them then that would help too