Scan logs - not in real time anymore?

General questions or discussion about HandBrake, Video and/or audio transcoding, trends etc.
Deleted User 22786

Scan logs - not in real time anymore?

Post by Deleted User 22786 »

I remember when Handbrake was still on 0.9.5, that the scan logs would be displayed in the Logs window in real-time. This was very useful, especially if Handbrake spent an age trying to scan a video format or disk that it would eventually say was unscannable; I could cut it off early and save myself a bit of time. But I'm using 0.9.6 now, and I've noticed that the scan log is only released for viewing after the scan is finished. I don't know if 0.9.8 reverts this (to be honest I didn't even know 0.9.8 was released until a read through the forum again, it's not picked up by the Check for Updates thing in Handbrake), but since that's supposed to be a bugfix release, I'm guessing not. It's been a long time since I've wanted to encode something Handbrake couldn't handle, but I was just wondering.

This isn't a support request, I'd just like someone to explain the rationale behind why the scan log isn't shown in real-time anymore, and whether there's a plan to change it back.

Thanks!