Encoding full title without automatic jumping

General questions or discussion about HandBrake, Video and/or audio transcoding, trends etc.
zak

Encoding full title without automatic jumping

Post by zak »

Hi,
I recently tried to encode an episode from a DVD which includes a "Recap" after the intro sequence. This part of the movie is included in the title, but when playing it, after watching the intro sequence something makes the movie jump directly to the beginning of the movie (marked with a chapter) and skipping the recap sequence. In the DVD menu you can explicitly enable the Recap. In this case this sequence is not skipped.
So because the recap sequence is actually a part of the title (the title's full length is shown in HandBrake) I would assume it is ripped, too. Unfortunately this is not the case here.

Maybe someone has an idea how I could manage to copy the full title? I could imagine this sort of "playback modification" is used in some other cases with extended editions for example, too. I would even be happy with a quick hack (if possible).

Thanks in advance!
zak

Re: Encoding full title without automatic jumping

Post by zak »

I just tried deactivating "Use dvdnav (instead of libdvdread)" in the preferences and tried again. It seems it worked! Now I got the full title. Maybe someone else will find this helpful.