Web Optimization

General questions or discussion about HandBrake, Video and/or audio transcoding, trends etc.
mic j

Web Optimization

Post by mic j »

When I view a transcoded file using Media Inspector (also known as Media Info), there is a section for Encoder Settings which is obviously the Handbrake settings used to transcode the file. Is there something in those settings that will tell me whether I have checked Web Optimization?
Deleted User 11865

Re: Web Optimization

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

I'm afraid not. But you can optimize your file in Subler after the fact, and it's not that long (no re-encoding, only remuxing).
mic j

Re: Web Optimization

Post by mic j »

Rodeo wrote:I'm afraid not. But you can optimize your file in Subler after the fact, and it's not that long (no re-encoding, only remuxing).
My problem is, right now I am moving about 300 movies (both dvd and BR) to the apple tv. Some of them are older and not optimized, some newer and optimized with Subler and some optimized with HB. I have been adding notes in the metadata what I have been optimizing with but thought it would help me out telling what is why if I was able to look at the "settings" section of MediaInfo.

I prefer to do the optimization as part of the transcoding because I do not experience the additional time it takes to optimize. As opposed to Subler which does take a while to re-write the file (I am doing this over wifi) vs just editing metadata.

But thanks for the answer to my question (even though it is not what I wanted to hear :lol: ).