Nightly Builds

General questions or discussion about HandBrake, Video and/or audio transcoding, trends etc.
JackNF
Enlightened

Nightly Builds

Post by JackNF »

Awesome! Thank you!
thompson
Bright Spark User

Re: Nightly Builds

Post by thompson »

Is it advisable to recreate any custom presets with each nightly build?
dynaflash
Veteran User

Post by dynaflash »

well, Built In Presets will automatically be updated if needed. Custom Presets ... so far should be okay as per 0.9.4. If not sure always check the "Recent Changes" before downloading a nightly .... if an svn rev requires a change to custom presets it should be noted in that commit. Though there is no guarantee.
benchmarkjoe

Post by benchmarkjoe »

It is wonderful. Thanks,
gat

Post by gat »

I believe that the part of the Nightly Build site that says for Fedora 12 only should be changed, since the official 9.4 release will not function on Fedora 13. I really do appreciate the nice, expanding support for GNU/Linux and Ubuntu as well.
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

Sorted.
Deleted User 11865

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

This page still says Fedora 12: http://handbrake.fr/downloads2.php

Also, IIRC, the 0.9.4 CLI should still work under Ubuntu 9.10 and Fedora 13.
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

yes it will. Figured may as well just point them to the nightlies too. Linux user base is still small.

Pages updated.
gat

Post by gat »

I thank you for the update. Since the Command line interface builds are on a separate page now, I would think that these builds for GNU/Linux should still be posted on its official 9.4 release page. As for the Fedora nightlies that build correctly, I have been testing them frequently. They work almost perfectly. The encodings have slight bars and fuzzy patches, but all of the functions seem to remain well implemented and don't break.
gat

Post by gat »

So what happened to the Fedora nightlies?
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

Server issues. No ETA on a fix.
rk518

Post by rk518 »

Why is NO FAST P-SKIP gone?? That made all my movies look great. Is it not in 0.9.5 or 1.0?
mduell
Veteran User

Post by mduell »

rk518 wrote:Why is NO FAST P-SKIP gone?? That made all my movies look great. Is it not in 0.9.5 or 1.0?
It's now contraindicated by the x264 authors except for the placebo preset. You can still add it manually to the options.
dynaflash
Veteran User

Post by dynaflash »

rk518 wrote:Why is NO FAST P-SKIP gone?? That made all my movies look great. Is it not in 0.9.5 or 1.0?
By gone I presume you mean the widget in the gui. Realize that a small subset of the most commonly used x264 options are represented as widgets in the gui's. Mostly due to space as well as an effort to keep more esoteric options from confusing the user when looking at the advanced panel. As was already indicated you can enable no fast p skip by modifiying the option string in the text field manually. Also realize that with the newer libx264 used in the nightlies it is less useful than it was for HB 0.9.4 even as per the x264 devs.
gat

Post by gat »

Are nightly builds for Fedora 13 now officially back on-line? If so, then the pages probably ought to be updated to reflect that.
Deleted User 11865

gat wrote:Are nightly builds for Fedora 13 now officially back on-line? If so, then the pages probably ought to be updated to reflect that.
They're being fixed, but still not nightly.
gat

Post by gat »

Does this mean that Fedora builds will become regularly built nightlies, built every night?
What are the new-to-be ZTagRelease(s)?
Deleted User 11865

Rodeo wrote:
gat wrote:Are nightly builds for Fedora 13 now officially back on-line? If so, then the pages probably ought to be updated to reflect that.
They're being fixed, but still not nightly.
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

What are the new-to-be ZTagRelease(s)?
Just a development tool. Hudon doesn't allow me to hide them from standard users so users will just have to ignore them
nordic

Post by nordic »

Hi. Do you have svn source output ? Please :)
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

svn co svn://svn.handbrake.fr/HandBrake/trunk -r [insert revision you want] output_dir/

or just tell your favourite svn client what revision or use the latest.
Krahnin

Post by Krahnin »

Hey I'm still pretty much a novice about this program but I likely had a dumb question I was hoping someone could answer. I am currently using a Nightly download someone had me download awhile back in order to use an iPad preset which I then modified to work for my iPhone 4. The version I am using says at the top, "HandBrake svn3475". I'm pretty sure this isn't the latest update but I'm not sure what is or where exactly on the download page to go in order to find it.

Was just interested if there had been any modifications to the iPad preset or if there was one made specifically for the iPhone 4. Thanks in advance for anyone who could assist me in this.
Deleted User 11865

First post:
HandBrake wrote:Download
You can download the builds from the nightly build page.
There's a MacGUI build in progress so you may want to wait an hour or so if you're on Mac.

No change to the iPad preset and no iPhone 4 preset since 3475, however.
Krahnin

Post by Krahnin »

Thanks, but nope, I'm not on a Mac, I'm currently on a PC running windows 7 (idk if the OS makes a difference). Also, what's the difference between the two windows links? The GUI and the CLI.
nightstrm
Veteran User

Post by nightstrm »

Krahnin wrote:Thanks, but nope, I'm not on a Mac, I'm currently on a PC running windows 7 (idk if the OS makes a difference). Also, what's the difference between the two windows links? The GUI and the CLI.
GUI = Graphical User Interface
CLI = Command Line Interface