Nightly Builds

General questions or discussion about HandBrake, Video and/or audio transcoding, trends etc.
Krahnin

Re: Nightly Builds

Post by Krahnin »

Ahh, thank you! I appreciate it!
Syphon

Post by Syphon »

I'm having a problem installing the Nightly build. There's only the CLI available and when I copy and overwrite that in the Handbrake folder, the program itself seems to glitch. It won't load a video anymore. It mentions the file name at top and says it was analyzed, but none of the details are available and when you click on 'encode' it says that there's no source or destination file chosen. Am I installing it incorrectly?

Cheers.
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

The Windows GUI build is currently broken. When fixed, you just install that and your done. It includes the CLI package.

Don't mix and match CLI and GUI downloads. It'll likely lead to stuff being broken.
jellegard

Post by jellegard »

on the nightly build page for Mac:

https://build.handbrake.fr/job/Mac/

there are links along the left in the build history box as well as links in the middle of the page under the Last Successful Artifacts. it appears the link(s) along the left are 32-bit only? are the downloads in the middle of the page under Last Successful Artifacts the same as on the left? if not, can someone show me where i would get the 64-bit version of the latest nightly build? thx.
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

64bit builds have x86_64 in their filename. Just grab the CLI or GUI version you want.

The Build History is just previous nightly builds. For the most part, they won't contain any files as we can't keep older files so you can safely ignore it. It's just build logs.

Once the macbuild is fixed, it'll start showing the x86_64 build again. It failed last night for some reason. No-one has had time to look into it.
jellegard

Post by jellegard »

got it. so grab a version under the artifacts heading, right?
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

yes... There isn't downloads anywhere else
2socks

Post by 2socks »

s55 wrote:The Windows GUI build is currently broken.
Is this still the case?

Thank you!
compudude

Post by compudude »

2socks wrote:
s55 wrote:The Windows GUI build is currently broken.
Is this still the case?

Thank you!
Looks like it's back up.
ios
Enlightened

Post by ios »

Krahnin wrote: Also, what's the difference between the two windows links? The GUI and the CLI.
the GUI is will give you a visual approach using mouse + keyboard action it has the CLI already bundled with it, meanwhile the CLI is for command prompt usage so its a typing approach only, so you need keyboard and no mouse
videoeditor

Post by videoeditor »

Hi,
Thanks for continuing the effort in Linux.
Is there support for using a live source like "dev/dv1394/0" in Ubuntu Lucid?
videoeditor
JohnAStebbins
HandBrake Team

Post by JohnAStebbins »

HandBrake doesn't do live sources or streaming. We perform seeks and read samples of the video before encoding in order to determine things like cropping, framerate, source codec types, audio samplerate, audio channel layout, etc. And you can't seek in a live stream.
CrazyMarty

Post by CrazyMarty »

I just tried my weekly update in Ubuntu (I'm using the PPA builds), but it now gives me this error:

GPG error: http://ppa.launchpad.net lucid Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY D0AFF96872D340A3GPG error: http://ppa.launchpad.net lucid Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 8771ADB0816950D8Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/stebbins/handb ... ackages.gz 404 Not Found
Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old ones used instead.

Are the Ubuntu PPA builds discontinued?
JohnAStebbins
HandBrake Team

Post by JohnAStebbins »

It's working fine for me. My guess is that your software sources configuration is not correct. The link above in the error message should be:

Code: Select all

http://ppa.launchpad.net/stebbins/handbrake-snapshots/ubuntu/dists/lucid/main/binary-amd64/
but yours is:

http://ppa.launchpad.net/stebbins/handbrake-snapshots/dists/lucid/main/binary-amd64/
Try removing that software source using the update manager gui. Then add the source with this command line

sudo apt-add-repository ppa:stebbins/handbrake-snapshots
CrazyMarty

Post by CrazyMarty »

I did as you suggested, but adding the repository fails:

root@quadtop:~# apt-add-repository ppa:stebbins/handbrake-snapshots
Executing: gpg --ignore-time-conflict --no-options --no-default-keyring --secret-keyring /etc/apt/secring.gpg --trustdb-name /etc/apt/trustdb.gpg --keyring /etc/apt/trusted.gpg --primary-keyring /etc/apt/trusted.gpg --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv 43D3A9F60C58A7169778E6FB8771ADB0816950D8
gpg: requesting key 816950D8 from hkp server keyserver.ubuntu.com
gpgkeys: HTTP fetch error 7: couldn't connect to host
gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.
gpg: Total number processed: 0
Am I doing something wrong, or is the repository broken?
JohnAStebbins
HandBrake Team

Post by JohnAStebbins »

You did it exactly right. You've got some sort of network problem it looks like. Can you ping keyserver.ubuntu.com?
CrazyMarty

Post by CrazyMarty »

It was a misconfigured VPN getting in the way. Hard to imagine I never had it up when updating in the past, but I suppose it's possible.... Thanks so much for the help!
TonyPh12345

Post by TonyPh12345 »

The "Recent Changes" in the nightlies, for the last few weeks, have said "No Recent Changes."

Is that correct?
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

yes. Changes will never be listed on some of the builds. Limitation of the build system.
TedJ
Veteran User

Post by TedJ »

You can always look to the timeline to see what code has been recently submitted to SVN.
NotObvious

Post by NotObvious »

Just to say that I'm impressed by the nightly builds. I installed one (svn3674) because Handbrake was crashing (before creating any logfiles) when I was trying to convert one particular Blu-ray. Not only did the nightly do the job, but I've found the incremental changes to the UI to be a major improvement in usability. Little things like the progress when scanning a file, better progress information when converting etc.
DitiseenDJ

Post by DitiseenDJ »

BUG!!:

I have 5 pending encodes and when I press 'Show queue' and then right click on one of the pending encodes and click 'edit' or 'show' than it crashes.. I had to do my encode again from the beginning after restart
TedJ
Veteran User

Post by TedJ »

If you think you've found a bug, then you submit a proper bug report in the appropriate forum... AFTER reading the following guidelines.
Deleted User 11865

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

DitiseenDJ wrote:BUG!!:

I have 5 pending encodes and when I press 'Show queue' and then right click on one of the pending encodes and click 'edit' or 'show' than it crashes.. I had to do my encode again from the beginning after restart
Known issue. dynaflash is working on a fix.
JaredC01

Post by JaredC01 »

Is there any downside to downloading the GUI, then swapping over to the 64-bit CLI only download? I'm currently running my GUI in this manner, and seem to be encoding fine so far on this file, however I would be interested to know if there are any known side effects (side the CC bug with the CLI).

Thanks in advance.