Help, can't add cover art to HandBrake files in iTunes

General questions or discussion about HandBrake, Video and/or audio transcoding, trends etc.
JohnO

Help, can't add cover art to HandBrake files in iTunes

Post by JohnO »

Hi,

This may not be a HandBrake issue at all, however I thought it would be a good place to ask as it is related to files I have converted with HandBrake.

A few months ago, prior to HandBrake 0.9.5, I ripped all of my Lost Episodes and put them in iTunes for access via my Apple TV. Once in iTunes, I was able to go into each episode and add cover art without any problem.

Fast forward to the present :D I am now using 0.9.5 to convert movies and TV episodes to put on a new media server. The problem is that for some reason, I am unable to add cover art within iTunes. I can select a Movie/TV episode in iTunes, select 'Get Info', go to the 'Artwork' section and paste in a jpg. However, once I close the Get Info window, the artwork disappears. I can not get the artwork to 'stick'.

I have repaired permissions (although the media files are not on my boot drive) and have done disk repair on both the boot drive and media drive.

I am at a loss to figure out what has happened since I imported all of those "Lost" episodes and now that could be causing this problem.

Anybody have an idea???

Regards,

John
rogue23
Enlightened

Re: Help, can't add cover art to HandBrake files in iTunes

Post by rogue23 »

If you restart iTunes, does the artwork appear? This is definitely not a Handbrake problem.
rjsherman1

Post by rjsherman1 »

I would concur that it's not an issue with handbrake ...

but I might take a second and suggest using MetaX to insert your cover art - it's quick and you could insert the cover art before adding the file to iTunes, frankly
MetaX allows you to insert some metadata that iTunes does not allow you access to.
JohnO

Post by JohnO »

Hi,

Sorry I have not been around for a while. Thanks for the replys.

Yes, I have quit iTunes and restarted but the artwork does not show up.

This used to work like a charm. I can not figure out why it has stopped working. I can change other meta data this way, just not the artwork.

I did not really think that this was due to HandBrake, however I did think that someone here might have run into the same issue and had a solution.

Anyone else seen this behavior?

Regards,
buskeyl

Post by buskeyl »

I had this problem when I added the file to the Itunes library as a .mp4 file extension. I renamed it to .m4v, and reimported to Itunes and I was good to go... Or so is seemed anyway...

Lee