HandBrake 0.9.5 Discussion Thread

General questions or discussion about HandBrake, Video and/or audio transcoding, trends etc.
dad2ways

Re: HandBrake 0.9.5 Discussion Thread

Post by dad2ways »

No hacks installed on my classic Apple TV. I don't need to run video other than that which I encode myself or purchase from ITMS. I am having the same trouble many others are reporting. Video encoded with 0.9.5 lock up classic Apple TVs (with an intel chip) but run fine on devices with Apple's A4 processor. Re-encoding does not fix the problem, it persists.
Deleted User 11865

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

dad2ways wrote:No hacks installed on my classic Apple TV. I don't need to run video other than that which I encode myself or purchase from ITMS. I am having the same trouble many others are reporting. Video encoded with 0.9.5 lock up classic Apple TVs (with an intel chip) but run fine on devices with Apple's A4 processor. Re-encoding does not fix the problem, it persists.
This topic is not for support requests; also, you didn't provide an Activity Log.
kwillers

Post by kwillers »

s55 wrote:HandBrake will never support the removal of copy protection.

I know but utopia is always there to be wished for :wink:
dad2ways

Post by dad2ways »

Rodeo wrote:
dad2ways wrote:No hacks installed on my classic Apple TV. I don't need to run video other than that which I encode myself or purchase from ITMS. I am having the same trouble many others are reporting. Video encoded with 0.9.5 lock up classic Apple TVs (with an intel chip) but run fine on devices with Apple's A4 processor. Re-encoding does not fix the problem, it persists.
This topic is not for support requests; also, you didn't provide an Activity Log.
I am trying to find out why I am being berated for not including a log with a support request. I have not requested support. I guess this is only a discussion thread welcome to those praising the product. I have been a very big proponent of this software and have converted dozens and dozens of people to users of Handbrake, regardless of their user platform. I like it very much and use it almost daily. I don't like the user interface or the results generated from comparative titles. I was merely adding my experience to the conversation. Which, I know now, was not welcome. It has been made very clear to me that it was not welcome. I have been heavily criticized for adding my voice. Once I have stopped being attacked, I will definitely not be back to this forum. There is definitely not much "community" to be experienced here. I have experienced a high amount of arrogance and condescension and have been made to feel most unwelcome.
thompson
Bright Spark User

Post by thompson »

dad2ways wrote:I am trying to find out why I am being berated for not including a log with a support request. I have not requested support.
You said that handbrake was broken and was crashing your AppleTV. You were told to provide an activity log so that we could tell you why it was crashing your AppleTV. In fact, once you actually provided that log, we were able to quickly determine the exact reason it was crashing your TV: you were encoding with incompatible options. Simply put, this was not a handbrake error this was user error, and the fix was provided to you.

Edit: and no one criticized you for adding your voice, you were criticized for not following the forum rules and for being unhelpful. It's absolutely useless to report you had a problem and not provide the developers / board members with the information necessary to see if a) this is in fact an error in 0.9.5 that needs to be fixed or, more likely, b) you were doing something wrong and the log will tell us what that was so you can fix it.

It's like calling 911 to report that your neighbor's house is on fire, without giving the fire department their address. Nothing can be done by your report until the correct information is relayed. Which is why 911 asks for the address, and we ask for activity logs.
jamiemlaw
Veteran User

Post by jamiemlaw »

Support request = any post following the general format, "I tried to do X. It didn't work, or didn't do what I expected."
mduell
Veteran User

Post by mduell »

Even to the very end he's mumbling about logs from the Apple TV (never requested) rather than understanding that the defaults changed and are not Apple TV compatible unless you override them. :idea:
scurrilous

Post by scurrilous »

phred wrote:The Release Highlights says "* Drag / Drop Video onto Main Window to scan."

I had that working in 0.94 (drag and drop a ripped DVD folder with video_ts/ifo/vob-files for scan) but I cant get it to work now. Nothing happens at all.

What am I doing wrong (I'm running Win 7, 64 bit)
Same here on Vista 64. Worked in 0.9.4 (and trunk build of r3705), but just get a no-drop mouse cursor in 0.9.5. Same behavior for VIDEO_TS folders and video files.
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

Since this thread seems to have de-railled into a support request forum, I'm closing it now.

If you have a support request, please start a thread in the relevant tech support forum.