Great Job on the New Release!

General questions or discussion about HandBrake, Video and/or audio transcoding, trends etc.
Snowhawk

Great Job on the New Release!

Post by Snowhawk »

I'm so glad to see that someone has picked up where titer left off. I was starting to wonder if there would ever be a version past 0.7.1. After checking the m0k site daily for almost a year, I found out about this project just yesterday, and today you release 0.8.0-BETA. Thank you so much.

I'm currently ripping my first DVD on the new version, and so far I'm seeing a 12 fps increase in my default settings (ffmpeg, 1200kbps, 720 x whatever the movie is) on an Intel iMac 2.0 gHz Core Duo.

FFMPEG
0.7.1--> 59.5 fps
0.8.0--> 71.5 fps

Thanks again. I only wish I knew something about programming so I could join in the fun.
cdb216

Re: Great Job on the New Release!

Post by cdb216 »

Just finished my first encode using the new public beta. After briefly confusing my computer by opening up HandBrake and MediaFork at the same time, I was able to encode an hour-long episode. Everything worked great and appears to be completely stable.

I used 2-pass h.264 Baseline 3.0, at 640xXXX and 1000MBps. It averaged ~27fps, just slightly lower that what I was typically getting with an iPod 5.5G version of HandBrake 0.7.1a2.

Thanks to everyone for getting this out here!

Oh, and I definitely like all of the improvements to the GUI. I especially appreciate being able to see the Picture Settings summary in the main window. Makes it a lot easier to ensure I'm encoding at the correct settings.