Ripping a Title Set from MactheRipper

General questions or discussion about HandBrake, Video and/or audio transcoding, trends etc.
jarling

Ripping a Title Set from MactheRipper

Post by jarling »

I'm sorry if I've missed the answer to this somewhere else in the postings, but I am trying to rip the movie Chocolat. This movie blows handbrake up, so I tried pre-ripping it in MactheRipper. According to the MactheRipper forums, the only way to rip it with MactheRipper is to extract just the title set. Unfortunately, now that I want to create an mp4 from this title set, Handbrake is telling me that my folder is not a valid image.

Any suggestions?
dynaflash
Veteran User

Post by dynaflash »

Try a full disc rip with MTR then feeding that to HB. I know they tell you on the mtr forums to use main feature, but for HB, I have huge success using Full Disk rips and HB.
jarling

Post by jarling »

On this particular disk, a full disk rip results in MTR simply blowing up.
deckeda
Enlightened

Post by deckeda »

Then let them know that on THAT forum, because ripping it in MTR is still the path you need to take.
dwm

How to RIP Chocolat

Post by dwm »

In case it matters, my computer is a Mac Pro 2.66 GHz.

Short answer to RIP Chocolat . . .
Extract the main feature with MTR 2.6.6
Then RIP with Handbrake.

If you load the DVD before opening MTR, MTR old and newer will crash. HandBrake will also crash trying to load this DVD.

Step by Step How To . . .
Open MTR before inserting the DVD.
Disable MTR's file size calc. in Preferences.
Set the RCE Region, mine is 1.
Set > Mode to extract feature.
Insert the DVD.
And Go.

Eject the DVD

Open HandBrake
Browse for the folder that contains the extracted files.
(make your usual settings)
RIP it and you will get just the feature.

MTR (old version) is back on line at : http://www.mactheripper.org/
Download link : http://www.mactheripper.org/download.php?id=3

MTR 3.0 build 14 won't work at all, it gets errors messages.

I tried the disk image method with a full and feature MTR RIP, it doesn't work. You get the same message in HandBrake, no valid title.

I was able to extract the main feature using VLC. But it will only play in VLC even though I encoded as AVI. All my other AVI's open in various players with no problems.

When I ran the MTR feature extraction in VLC it had the disk menu screen. HandBrake finishes the job with just the feature, no disk menu.

I hope this is useful. This movie is one of my favourites, so I spent quite a some time trying to find a solution.
desertmac

Post by desertmac »

Really appreciate you posting this. Unfortunately I can't get this to work. I can set the preferences for 2.66 as you suggest, but I can't select Main Feature Extraction until after the DVD is inserted. DVD Player launches and I quit that immediately; I then select Main Feature Extraction and try to rip, and I immediately get an error message.

How do you set Main Feature Extraction before the DVD is inserted?
maubp

Post by maubp »

desertmac wrote:... the DVD is inserted. DVD Player launches and I quit that immediately;
I guess the DVD player may be doing something ... Try disabling Window's auto-play by holding down the shift key when loading the DVD.
desertmac

Post by desertmac »

I use a Mac . . . but I got it to work. Thank you.