Can Files Be Merged?

General questions or discussion about HandBrake, Video and/or audio transcoding, trends etc.
eniwetok

Can Files Be Merged?

Post by eniwetok »

While I thought HB was the best H264 encoder out there, I had to stop using it when I switched from a Kodak camera that shot .mov video to a Canon that shot .avi. The old .9.3 version of HB just could not sync the audio and video.

But I'm happy to find that the new version of HB encodes these Canon avi files without problems.

I do wonder, however, is there a way to merge these small videos into one file using HB? I know there are other utilities that do this but I don't want to have them recode these mjpeg videos again for fear of losing quality... which is the whole point of using HB to begin with.

Thanks!
Deleted User 11865

Re: Can Files Be Merged?

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

HandBrake can't do that (it's not its purpose either). But you can use other apps to combine them either beforehand (as Motion JPEG in AVI) or after encoding with HandBrake (making sure the settings match - especially things like frame size, and of course video and audio codecs etc. - will make them much easier to join).
luxuryliner

Re: Can Files Be Merged?

Post by luxuryliner »

I actually usa ffMpeg although it's a very old app and not renewd since long time. It only merges m1v, m2v, mpg and avi files adn only 2 at a time. But it works.