Sometimes there is no activity log

General questions or discussion about HandBrake, Video and/or audio transcoding, trends etc.
dad2ways

Sometimes there is no activity log

Post by dad2ways »

I got the following email in response to my attempt to post and I understand that you requite the activity log, but sometimes it is not possible to include one because there is no activity log to include. As my post stated, I had not had a successful attempt to use 0.9.4 or any previous version since installing 0.9.4, therefore I have no activity log to post. I could have copied and pasted someone else's activity log, which is what I assume others must have done who posted crash on launch reports or other crash reports because if the program has unexpectedly ended you don't have access to that activity log to cut and paste it. I chose not to be intellectually dishonest, but that wasn't satisfactory. I hope you will read this and reconsider this policy or is this just a computer program that rejects post pro-forma?

Hello dad2ways,

You are receiving this notification because your topic "0.9.4 Has brought
my encoding to a hault" at "HandBrake" was disapproved by a moderator or
administrator.

The following reason was given for the disapproval:

Your post was not accepted because it did not have the required information
in order to provide support. Please repost with the required information
(including the Activity Log) which is outlined in the red box at the top of
each forum section.

Activity Log please.

--
Our forum rules can be found:
http://forum.handbrake.fr/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6702
Don't forget to post an activity log when posting in our support forums.

Thanks, The HandBrake Team
mduell
Veteran User

Re: Sometimes there is no activity log

Post by mduell »

dad2ways wrote:I could have copied and pasted someone else's activity log, which is what I assume others must have done who posted crash on launch reports or other crash reports because if the program has unexpectedly ended you don't have access to that activity log to cut and paste it. I chose not to be intellectually dishonest, but that wasn't satisfactory.
Trolling will get you far. :roll:
baggss

Post by baggss »

IF you're on a Mac there is ALWAYS an activity log, you just don't know it. Somehow I suspect the same is true on Windows. Knowing where to find said log is the real issue here. Maybe if you tell us what system you're on, we can help you...

For the record, a staff member has to approve or disapprove posts manually. I usually approve them simply because I enjoy watching people get yelled at in public, but that's just me.
jbrjake
Veteran User

Post by jbrjake »

dad2ways wrote:As my post stated, I had not had a successful attempt to use 0.9.4 or any previous version since installing 0.9.4, therefore I have no activity log to post.
An activity log does not require a "successful attempt" to use the app, therefore your complaint does not make sense.