Chapters are scrambled

General questions or discussion about HandBrake, Video and/or audio transcoding, trends etc.
crowwoman

Chapters are scrambled

Post by crowwoman »

Need help, I have used Handbrake on all my dvd to IPod with no problems, however I just ran into a problem with "UP" I chose the longest chapter however when I played it on my IPOD the chapters were scrambled. Any suggestions?
rhester
Veteran User

Re: Chapters are scrambled

Post by rhester »

I suggest you do a bit of reading of the dozens of posts about this very subject already in the forums. It's a copy protection issue.

Rodney
nightstrm
Veteran User

Post by nightstrm »

crowwoman

Post by crowwoman »

thanks, I will try some of the suggestions.
Telkwa

Post by Telkwa »

If you fire up Handbrake and it sees 99 titles, that appears to be a sure sign you've run into this relatively recent roadblock.

I'm embarrassed to admit I asked about it in the *nix forum without doing my homework.
Suncalc

Post by Suncalc »

If you run into the "99 Titles" problem (and you a working on a Mac), here is quick way to determine which title is the one you want to use. Insert the origonal DVD into the Mac and start up the normal Mac DVD player. Then navigate through the menus to play the movie. Once the movie actually starts, maybe a minute or so into the actual movie, using the mouse activate the menu bar by moving the mouse to the top of the screen. Select the "Go" menu and hover over the "Title" submenu. This will show the list of title numbers and one will be checked. This is the one that you want to rip with Handbrake. This not only works for title feature but for the "extras" as well.