DVD to iPod Video/Audio scrambled, help needed

General questions or discussion about HandBrake, Video and/or audio transcoding, trends etc.
Dynasty

DVD to iPod Video/Audio scrambled, help needed

Post by Dynasty »

Hello,

So I want to rip all my episodes of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia that I have on DVD.

I'm using the up to date version of Handbrake 0.9.3 (build 2008112300)

I have followed the tutorials from 3 separate sites (each of which had a tweak or two in the settings).

In every instance the process completes successfully, when I go to play the video through iTunes the entire picture is scrambled with green and white boxes interlaced through the video feed. You can see that the movie is playing and the sound is choppy. Almost like I'm not ripping at the right speed.

Like I said I have tried the rip at 3 different settings (one of which is the preset iPod setting that is loaded into Handbrake).

Can someone please help me figure out what I'm doing wrong?

Thank you,
rhester
Veteran User

Re: DVD to iPod Video/Audio scrambled, help needed

Post by rhester »

Not sure what sort of guide you are following, but the first paragraph of the Windows documentation explains that you must decrypt the source DVD prior to encoding.

Rodney
Dynasty

Post by Dynasty »

than that has to be it. In each of the 3 tutorials I found online they all said insert DVD - launch handbrake - Find the DVD source, and then 1,2,3 the rest of the directions.

No once did any of the tutorials say Rip/Decrypt DVD prior to. :-)

Thanks I knew there had to be an easy answer.

Any recommendations regarding the best setting for iPod video regarding:

Framerate
2-pass coding
Avg Bitrate
etc

Thanks,
TedJ
Veteran User

Post by TedJ »

Can you be a little more specific about which iPod you have - iPod Touch/Classic/5.5G (Video)?