Conversions of legal records broadcasted over the new German DVB-T2 system mostly fail

General questions or discussion about HandBrake, Video and/or audio transcoding, trends etc.
alditol

Conversions of legal records broadcasted over the new German DVB-T2 system mostly fail

Post by alditol »

Hello,

since the start of new German DVB-T2 system introduced on March 28th, I legally record unencrypted broadcasts from the German public TV, and use two Xoro HRT 8730 receivers for this purpose (with USB3.0 sticks as "harddisk").
These records (in TS format) are first manually cut by using a special 120-day version of TSdoctor* (provided by the German computer magazine c't) [currently V2.0.71] in order to remove unnecessary scenes at the beginning and the end of the record not belonging to the "desired" movie. The resulting files are again in TS format, and these files are fed to handbrake (currently 1.07 (217040900) - 64 bit), which should convert them to MP4 files, which can be streamed over my network to KODI on a Raspberry Pi (which is not able to decode the German TS format files in acceptable "display speed"). However, most of these conversions fail in handbrake with the error message given in the title, sometimes already after only a few seconds of conversion, sometimes "only" after a relevant percentage of the movie has been converted. I use Fast1080p30 mostly with the default values except for always selecting Framerate = Same as source on the video tab.
Any suggestions helping me to get complete MP4 files are greatly welcome. Thanx.

A log (for the conversion of Heaven's Gate recorded yesterday) has been deposited here: https://pastebin.com/8NiPM9xt

*http://www.cypheros.de/tsdoctor2.html
alditol

Re: Conversions of legal records broadcasted over the new German DVB-T2 system mostly fail

Post by alditol »

Addendum:

this is the error message I usually get from handbrake: "Queue finished with 1 [or sometimes: 2] errors or cancellations detected"
mduell
Veteran User

Re: Conversions of legal records broadcasted over the new German DVB-T2 system mostly fail

Post by mduell »

Looks like the usual TS recording issues, run them through VideoReDo's Quick Stream Fix first.
alditol

Post by alditol »

Thank you for your answer. However, it seems to me (http://www.videoredo.com/en/) that videoredo will not be able to handle my files (since German DVB-T2 - what I forgot to mention in my opening post, sorry - uses the H.265, but no H.264 encoding). Or am I wrong with respect to videoredo, and it can work with such files although this encoding is not mentioned on my quoted page at all?
alditol

Post by alditol »

Unfortunately, I am right: Both VideoReDo Plus (V3.10.3.629) and TVSuite (V5.3.4.748) do not accept the H.265 TS files from TSDoctor or the original uncut TS files, but reject them:

---------------------------
VideoReDo-TVSuite5
File is not a recognized video file.
OK

&
VideoReDo-Plus
File is not a recognized video file. This transport stream does not contain an MPEG2 program.
OK

Is there any program comparable to VideoReDo's Quick Stream Fix for H.265 TS files? What else could I try to get working MP4s?