With upcoming changes to data protection and privacy laws in Europe coming into effect soon, we thought this would be a good time to remind everyone that we do have a privacy policy.
This applies to all users and visitors world-wide.

We have made a few changes to the language to make it clearer in relation to this new regulation but fundamentally, the terms and your rights are unchanged.

If you have any questions about this, please feel free to ask in the General Forum

Exporting Source File Names?

General discussion of HandBrake, Video and/or audio transcoding, trends etc.
Forum rules
Please be aware, this forum is not for support or help related to HandBrake. Please keep such discussions to the Community Support forum sections.
gabstero

Exporting Source File Names?

Post by gabstero » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:59 pm

Hi Gang!

Quick question. How can I export my batch to have the same file as the source footage (prores clips) so I don't have to type that in every time in the Destination field?
Thanks!

g

Woodstock
Veteran User

Re: Exporting Source File Names?

Post by Woodstock » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:26 pm

In the GUI or command line? GUI can be configured to use automatic file naming with the source file name as a part of the path.

gabstero

Post by gabstero » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:29 am

Thanks for the reply! I meant in the GUI indeed. Thanks!

Woodstock
Veteran User

Post by Woodstock » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:36 pm

In the GUI, Tools->Preferences, Output Files, in the field "File Format", using "{source}" will insert the source file name. The file extension will depend upon your selection for output file type.

gabstero

Post by gabstero » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:24 pm

Thanks for the tip!!