Crashing upon opening

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
Mycatz2

Crashing upon opening

Post by Mycatz2 »

Hey all. All my DVDs seem to work except the one I'm currently trying. I try opening the source and the whole program crashes.

I even tried this:

1. Go to File -> Open Source (Title Specific) ...

Note: if you have just fired up HB and are presented with the Open Source window right at launch. Just cancel that window and then do this step.
2. You will now be presented with the exact same Open Source window you are used to seeing. Choose your source as you normally would.
3. Now you will be asked which title number you want to scan. Enter the title number that you got from running dvdplayer.app or the like.
4. Click the "Open Title" button.

HandBrake will now just scan that title, hopefully bypassing some of the cruft in your source.

Except I don't get number 3. I'm not given any numbers. Or at least I'm not seeing step three. :(

I''m thinking it's a copyright thing. But no idea. Tips? :(
refulgentis
Bright Spark User

Re: Crashing upon opening

Post by refulgentis »

No log, no crash report, for all we know there's winged monkeys from Disney flying into your computer and shorting Handbrake :P
TedJ
Veteran User

Re: Crashing upon opening

Post by TedJ »

Mycatz2 wrote:...Except I don't get number 3. I'm not given any numbers. Or at least I'm not seeing step three. :(

I''m thinking it's a copyright thing. But no idea. Tips? :(
Handbrake won't give you a list of possible title numbers... it can't do that without doing a full-disc scan which defeats the purpose.

You need to open the DVD in DVD Player.app, start the main feature then take note of the current title from the Go->Title menu - it'll be the one with the check mark next to it.

You then use "Open (Title Specific)" and manually enter the title number from the previous step.