The Dark Knight

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
ajchace

Re: The Dark Knight

Post by ajchace »

Just FYI, I thought someone should point out that the "File --> Open Source (Title Specific)" does not exist in the GUI for Ubuntu. I can confirm that the standard edition of The Dark Knight also causes a crash on Ubuntu 8.10 with VLC 0.9.4 and Handbrake 0.9.3.
rhester
Veteran User

Post by rhester »

Crush wrote:I am using the aforementioned method using the GUI client on a MacBook Pro (Late 2008) and I was able to rip the file; however, the video and audio are all garbled when trying to watch it with VLC, Quicktime, and Quick Look. I ripped using Handbrake 0.9.3 and VLC 0.9.8. I used the Apple TV preset. Does anyone know why this may have happened?
Without the required activity log? Not a chance in hell.

Rodney
jomaccin

Post by jomaccin »

nacheen wrote:I have successfully ripped DK with HandBreak 0.9.3. Simply choose File-> Open Source(Title Specific). Then have enter title 1 and you should be good to go.
thanks, that worked

i think i know why this error has been occurring for those who are confused. Warner Brothers has recently added a feature to purchase a digital copy of a DVD you have bought for i think $2 US. In order to prevent anyone from ripping the DVD to their computer, they have added some new security which has probably caused this error.
soccerballer

Post by soccerballer »

i dled the most current version of dlc but when i do the open source title secific it says "Please download and install VLC media player in your /Applications folder if you wish to read encrypted DVDs." what do i do now??
soccerballer

Post by soccerballer »

Lytez wrote:
scrappycurry wrote:Hey guys, thanks for the help I have been one of the people trying to rip DK too. The only thing is I have done everything you have said up until the part where you select title one. Is this inside of the dvd folder under VIDEO_TS? This is because I do not see the specific name title one in any of those two folders.
this is confusing if you've never done it. once you get it you'll see why it was explained this way.

here is what i do/did on a mac

1. update VLC player to most current version
2. insert dvd
3. open handbrake 0.9.3
4. at prompt, click cancel
5. then you will see main handbrake screen
6. go up to FILE in menu bar
7. scroll down to: Open Source (Title Specific)...
8. then select the disc image, ie, THE_DARK_KNIGHT or VIDEO_TS (both worked for me but try DARKNIGHT 1st)
9. click OPEN
10. a prompt will drop down stating: Scan title number [ _0_ ] for THE_DARK_NIGHT
11. type the number "1" where "0" is
12. click: Open Title
13. now it should read like normal

DID YOU NOTICE THE DISC'S TITLE IS MISSPELLED? MY DISC IS MISSING THE K IN KNIGHT. IT SAYS: THE_DARK_NIGHT INSTEAD OF THE_DARK_KNIGHT

interesting.

L
i did this but it says no source found ughh
doctorSpoc

Post by doctorSpoc »

soccerballer wrote:i dled the most current version of dlc but when i do the open source title secific it says "Please download and install VLC media player in your /Applications folder if you wish to read encrypted DVDs." what do i do now??
is it possible that you have VLC installed somewhere other than /Applications ?
melbdean

Post by melbdean »

doctorSpoc wrote:
soccerballer wrote:i dled the most current version of dlc but when i do the open source title secific it says "Please download and install VLC media player in your /Applications folder if you wish to read encrypted DVDs." what do i do now??
is it possible that you have VLC installed somewhere other than /Applications ?
it happened to me ...VLC is in a folder in Applications and therefore I had to move it to /Applications.
baseballdude

Post by baseballdude »

jomaccin wrote:
nacheen wrote:I have successfully ripped DK with HandBreak 0.9.3. Simply choose File-> Open Source(Title Specific). Then have enter title 1 and you should be good to go.
Thanks so much man! This is the way to go guys. Got it on my iPod Touch :D
Azmarith

Post by Azmarith »

Lytez wrote:
scrappycurry wrote:Hey guys, thanks for the help I have been one of the people trying to rip DK too. The only thing is I have done everything you have said up until the part where you select title one. Is this inside of the dvd folder under VIDEO_TS? This is because I do not see the specific name title one in any of those two folders.
this is confusing if you've never done it. once you get it you'll see why it was explained this way.

here is what i do/did on a mac

1. update VLC player to most current version
2. insert dvd
3. open handbrake 0.9.3
4. at prompt, click cancel
5. then you will see main handbrake screen
6. go up to FILE in menu bar
7. scroll down to: Open Source (Title Specific)...
8. then select the disc image, ie, THE_DARK_KNIGHT or VIDEO_TS (both worked for me but try DARKNIGHT 1st)
9. click OPEN
10. a prompt will drop down stating: Scan title number [ _0_ ] for THE_DARK_NIGHT
11. type the number "1" where "0" is
12. click: Open Title
13. now it should read like normal

DID YOU NOTICE THE DISC'S TITLE IS MISSPELLED? MY DISC IS MISSING THE K IN KNIGHT. IT SAYS: THE_DARK_NIGHT INSTEAD OF THE_DARK_KNIGHT

interesting.

L
When i go into handbrake and select file in the menu, the only option is exit, there is no Open Source (Title Specific) I have the latest version of handbrake and VLC. What am I doing wrong?
Azmarith

Post by Azmarith »

I think the reason this isnt working for me is because im using windows. Is there another way to do it using Windows?