Wall e problem, log included and I have search the forums...

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
forquare

Wall e problem, log included and I have search the forums...

Post by forquare »

Hi All,

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post this...
I'm quite new to all this, I want to burn my DVD collection to my home server so I can view it on my main computer, which acts as my TV.

I have tried using Handbrake with the Wall e DVd and I can't get it to work :( I have tried title 30, 32 and 40 (auto-select said to try 32, people on the forums said 30, and Apple DVD player seemed to be playing title 40).
The video and audio is stuttery form thr start to the end. Completely unwatchable :(
I'm really not sure where to go from here...

I'm using the latest version of Handbrake (0.9.3), I'm running an Intel MacBook (first generation) with the latest release of Leopard along with all the latest updates.

I have a copy of my log here: clicky

Thanks very much for your help,

Ben
twinturbo

Re: Wall e problem, log included and I have search the forums...

Post by twinturbo »

I'm having the same problem using .093 version of Handbrake. Handbrake crashes immediately after choosing the Wall-e video_ts folder. I've experienced this problem with some other titles as well. Handbrake does work about 90% of the time though.
sbalthazor

Post by sbalthazor »

As of v0.9.3 protected DVD's won't work unless you have VLC installed (or you use another tool to decrypt them first). Look under encrypted DVD's on the link below for more info:

http://trac.handbrake.fr/wiki/Sources

Not sure it will work with VLC though...I had to rip it down with the very latest version of AnyDVD (a PC app I use to rip - running in VMWare Fusion).
forquare

Post by forquare »

I got it working (I think) before I got to bed last night...I used Rip-it, then dvd2onex on title 9, then handbraked it...I saw a thread on MTR which had many people managing to use MTR, but the last post said about the method above that worked...

Hope that helps people :)

Ben
Da Man
Bright Spark User

Post by Da Man »

That last post was me, and it does (bows to audience). I am a huge fan of MTR, but until Geezerbutt gets a new revicion done, alternative methods will have to found (rip-it).
forquare

Post by forquare »

It worked a treat on "The Pursuit of Happyness" too, which I was also having problems with :D