"No valid title found"

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
amanda2901

"No valid title found"

Post by amanda2901 »

Ok, I'm seriously going mad here!! I'm trying to ripp (is that what it's called?) "A cinderella story" and "Confessions of a teenage drama queen" and the message "No valid title found" appears in the small window.

HELP ME, PLEASE!!!!
cbud
Bright Spark User

Post by cbud »

You need to provide more information about your work flow. Are you reading from DVD disc or a VIDEO_TS folder? Do these movies play in Apple DVD player (or whatever you use)?

If you are reading from a disc, then get MTR (preferably the beta) and rip it to your hard drive (preferably 'Main Feature Extraction').
amanda2901

REPLY: "No valid title found"

Post by amanda2901 »

Hey! Thanks for the quick answer!
I am reading from a VIDEO_TS folder. The movies don't play at all on my computer! :?
amanda2901

BTW

Post by amanda2901 »

I am not a pro on my computer, so I don't have any idea what MTR or anything like that is, so if you can give me tips on how to download the programs I need, that would be awesome!
cbud
Bright Spark User

Post by cbud »

If there is something wrong with the VIDEO_TS folder, poorly authorized/mastered, then Handbrake might have problems. You say you cannot get them to play on your computer, how about if you burn them to a disc? If they won't play or burn, then you can try to re-authorize them in a program like DVDoneX.
cbud
Bright Spark User

Post by cbud »

Just google the following,

MactheRipper

and

DVDoneX

I reccomend them both (esp. MTR) if you are serious about encoding with Handbrake.
amanda2901

Post by amanda2901 »

have already put them through MTR, but still it doesn't work
cbud
Bright Spark User

Post by cbud »

And the VIDEO_TS folder will not play in Apple DVD Player?
amanda2901

Post by amanda2901 »

Which DVDonex should I download? Dvdonex Osx *DEVIANCE*, (FULL_CD), WinXP and *PAL* are some of the options...
amanda2901

Post by amanda2901 »

Apple DVD player...u mean iTunes, QuickTime player or iDVD? If you do, then the answer is no! I tried to rip "High School Musical" too, but I've got the same problem with that movie! It says on the cover to "HSM": "This DVD is copy protected".
cbud
Bright Spark User

Post by cbud »

Start with this link for DVDoneX.
cbud
Bright Spark User

Post by cbud »

amanda2901 wrote:Apple DVD player...u mean iTunes, QuickTime player or iDVD? If you do, then the answer is no! I tried to rip "High School Musical" too, but I've got the same problem with that movie! It says on the cover to "HSM": "This DVD is copy protected".
Go to Applications, find and open "DVD Player". From within DVD Player go File>Open VIDEO_TS or OPEN Disc.
amanda2901

Post by amanda2901 »

Ok, I did that. Will it take a lot of time for it to start running ( I clicked on "Make a full disc copy including all menus and extras". Does the disc have to be inside the computer, I've already transferred the movie into the computer with MTR...
cbud
Bright Spark User

Post by cbud »

Can you watch the VIDEO_TS folder in Apple DVD Player????
amanda2901

Post by amanda2901 »

I don't have anything called "DVD player" except a folder and inside that there are two folders: scripts and settings. Inside the first one there's nothing and in the second one there is something called "Global Settings.plist". (I searched in Finder btw!)
cbud
Bright Spark User

Post by cbud »

Are you using a G3 Mac? What kind of computer do you have?
amanda2901

Post by amanda2901 »

I have an iBook G4
cbud
Bright Spark User

Post by cbud »

Well, I have no idea why you don't have Apple's DVD Player installed on your computer.

At any rate, there is something wrong with the VIDEO_TS folder or you are not pointing Handbrake to the correct folder.

Without knowing if the VIDEO_TS folder is valid (can play on your computer) its hard for me to tell you what to try next.

So, try to re-rip it with MTR and/or use DVDoneX in "Movie Only" mode. After you have tried both of those and MediaFork still does not find a valid title post back. Make sure you read the manuals for each of those programs so you know how to use them properly.
amanda2901

Post by amanda2901 »

Ok! Thank you SO much for your help! I hope it works!!!