handbrake 9.3 issues

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
jrockwell

handbrake 9.3 issues

Post by jrockwell »

Hello all,

I have a Macpro, and I just downloaded Handbrake 9.3 It doesn't seem to be working. I put a disc in, tell handbrake to scan it, and it just hangs at "Scanning title 1 of 5..."
This didn't happen until I downloaded 9.3. What gives?
TedJ
Veteran User

Re: handbrake 9.3 issues

Post by TedJ »

If you had taken the time to read through the release announcement, you'd have noticed that Handbrake now relies on VLC 0.9.x to decrypt DVDs on the fly. Download and install VLC to MacHD/Applications and it should work.
jrockwell

Post by jrockwell »

Well, I really don't see why I should have to go to that much trouble. Thanks for sarcasm, dude. wasn't necessary.
ssj2_goha
Enlightened

Post by ssj2_goha »

And I don't see why the developers have to go through so much trouble answering stupid questions. Thanks for the stupidity, baka. Wasn't necessary.
dynaflash
Veteran User

Post by dynaflash »

jrockwell wrote:Well, I really don't see why I should have to go to that much trouble.
Give me a break, its right in the release announcement and on every decent blog that mentions the update. Its hard to save people from themselves.
jrockwell

Post by jrockwell »

okay virgins, take it easy. I'm sorry I don't have the time that you clearly do, what with living in your parent's basements, trading Magic cards and watching Star Trek. I see that my intellect is not what yours is. I guess I simply don't have the intelligence to know that the idea of a good time is to take potshots at unsuspecting users who are doing what they are supposed to do, which is, you know, ask for help on, well...help forums. I beg of your forgiveness!

Enjoy popping your zits, pleasuring yourselves to 7 of 9 and not getting laid!
dynaflash
Veteran User

Post by dynaflash »

Well, if by intellect you mean reading. Yep, you got me there. As for the rest ... you clearly speak of that which you know nothing.

"Swiiing and a miss!".
ssj2_goha
Enlightened

Post by ssj2_goha »

jrockwell wrote:okay virgins, take it easy. I'm sorry I don't have the time that you clearly do, what with living in your parent's basements, trading Magic cards and watching Star Trek. I see that my intellect is not what yours is. I guess I simply don't have the intelligence to know that the idea of a good time is to take potshots at unsuspecting users who are doing what they are supposed to do, which is, you know, ask for help on, well...help forums. I beg of your forgiveness!

Enjoy popping your zits, pleasuring yourselves to 7 of 9 and not getting laid!

Wow, you go for the juggler. Anyways, thank you for pointing out how sad our "lives" are. We should be in your debt eternally and continue to lead you by the hand to show you how to read and understand a simple thing like "read the release notes before downloading"

You don't like it, don't use it.
Last time u checked you paid nothing for it you have no right to demand anything.

Lastly who is 7 of 9??? I hope that's a weird name for a girl.
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

Guess that means we are done here then :roll: