Simpsons Season 1

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
Deleted User 792

Simpsons Season 1

Post by Deleted User 792 »

I am having trouble converting the simpsons season 1. Each episode on the first disk will lose audio at some point and it lasts through the rest of the episode. They all lose sound at different points. I am encoding at h264 main at 3000kbps. I have tried the 5ch and 2ch audio with the same results. I am using MF 0.8.0 b1 on an intel imac. Any Ideas?
Deleted User 792

also, I have tried ripping with MTR 3.0r14 and then using MF, but no change.
Mucx
Experienced

Post by Mucx »

I assume you guys are Region 1? I have successfully ripped my Simpsons S1 Disc 1 (and the entire Series) via MTR r-14d and then HandBrake 0.7.1 (not the latest MediaFork release as I want the soundtrack plus commentary). This is a Region 2 Disc though.

I am ripping to 1800kbps, Avi/MPEG4 with AC3 Audio.

I have also done a test for you and it rips fine with the latest MediaFork beta release as well. Suggest dropping down and trying out HandBrake pre-MediaFork or creating a Disk Image (in Toast or DVD2OneX)of your MTR ripped disc and then doing an encode. (sometimes solves issues for me).

Mucx
mike693

Post by mike693 »

Just to add to Mucx's advice... If all that doesn't work, you could try to encode it into MPEG-4 instead of x264. This fixed the same problem for me when all else failed (on a different disc).
Deleted User 792

I am recording for appletv so I am looking for h264. also, I have tried at 100kbps with no change. I shouldnt have to use DTOX with MTR 3 right?
rhester
Veteran User

Post by rhester »

It's my understanding you don't have to use DTOX if you are using one of the MTR "contributor" versions, r13(?) or greater (r14 recommended). I have heard some suggest using MTR 2.x with DTOX as an alternative that sometimes works when MTR 3.x fails.

Rodney
Mucx
Experienced

Post by Mucx »

jesaf00 wrote:I am recording for appletv so I am looking for h264. also, I have tried at 100kbps with no change. I shouldnt have to use DTOX with MTR 3 right?
You can still use MPEG-4 with your AppleTV surely? Another more well obtuse direction is to encode to a very high MPEG-4 say 3000kbps and then use VisualHUB to encode it to H.264 AppleTV spec.

You shouldnt have to use DTOX but sometimes, oddly, running it through that or Toast before HB and creating a Disc image works....I don't know why but it has worked for me on one or two annoying discs.

Mucx
Deleted User 792

I tried again last night. I used MTR 3.0 and then MF. This time only the second and the fourth episode had the loss of sound. Wierd.
baggss

Post by baggss »

Interesting. I ripped the Simpsons seasons 1-6 with HB 0.7.1 at a lower bit rate (768k) for my iPod and all of the Episodes came out fine. These were all Region 1 DVDs.
Deleted User 792

For some crazy reason it seems to be working now. Only, now some of the episodes need to be de-interlaced? is that normal to have some episodeds on the same disk to need that?
hawkman
Veteran User

Post by hawkman »

I'd have expected them all to need deinterlacing, to be honest.
Deleted User 792

I'd have expected them all to need deinterlacing, to be honest.

why is that?
hawkman
Veteran User

Post by hawkman »

They're TV shows, and old TV shows at that. They'll have originally been broadcast interlaced. I know my region 2 Simpsons DVDs need to be deinterlaced.
Deleted User 792

I am having this problem again with movies and tv show. while watching the conversion you will see the frams per second rop to about 6 fps and that is where it loses sound. I have some files ripped on my computer using MTR 3.0 r14 and it does it on these as well as straight form the dvds/ I am currently trying to get Tenatious D and weeds season 1 with no luck. I can upload via ftp if someone wants to try it. The weeds episodes are about 1.28Gb. Any takers?
cbud
Bright Spark User

Post by cbud »

Instead of distributing copyrighted material perhaps someone owns one of those discs and they can try it for you. Also read the stickies at the top of the support forum for ways to fix your audio issues.
deckeda
Enlightened

Post by deckeda »

jesaf00 wrote:Any takers?
Take copious notes and let us know them. Jot down exactly how you ripped the disk, or parts of it --- and what version of HB worked or didn't. At the very least it'll prod you to perhaps try it a different way.

Just saying it doesn't work isn't going to crack this particular nut --- there are lots of people in this same boat, and I want you to figure it out before I attempt next week to rip and convert my copy of The Simpsons Season 1. (Yes, that's a joke, but you have some responsibility --- and ability --- here as well.)
moulson13

Simpsons season 3

Post by moulson13 »

Ok so I'm trying to get all 10 dvd seasons of the simpsons on my iTunes but from season 3 I have problems with HandBrake stalling out on the second to last episode and the muxing portion of the program. Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?