Leatherheads wont rip - crashes

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
macripper

Leatherheads wont rip - crashes

Post by macripper »

(I did post this in the movies wont rip topic but also here)

Leatherheads wont rip - crashes on scan, Mac, both 0.9.2 and latest dev snapshot.
Anyone else have this happening or has ripped Leatherheads?
creedo

Re: Leatherheads wont rip - crashes

Post by creedo »

Try using MacTheRipper 2.6 first, save to the location of your choice. Set MacTheRipper to extract the full disk and them open the Video_TS file with Handbrake. Save to the format that you desire and you should eliminate the problem. It seems that Leatherheads is one of those "lost bits" disks, Meaning that they intensionally create bad bits on the disk to throw off burning utilities. Using Full Disk extraction with D-macro allows other programs to read the file and not stumble. I have even had to use MacTheRipper 3.0 in some cases, although the only copies out there are beta and crash alot. Don't expect any upgrade either. The Hollywood Studios threatend the developers of MacTheRipper with a lawsuite.

Squank
nightstrm
Veteran User

Post by nightstrm »

From what I've been hearing about this disc, I'd be surprised if MtR 2.6 would have any luck with this title either.
AHWSLC

Post by AHWSLC »

We've had the same issue. Is there a new security encryption the studio's are using to encode their films?
dynaflash
Veteran User

Post by dynaflash »

reportedly using fairmount / dtox does work. However, you have to wait a long time for fairmount to read all of the back blocks (there are over 3000 of them), then suddenly dtox will load up the source. Then choose title 33, in a movie only rip. I have not tried this but reportedly it does work. Apparently the spinning beachball while dtox waits for fairmount to read the bad block can last up to an hour or better.

Beyond that, this really belongs in the dvd rip thread. Not much HB itself will do with this.
hartam01

Post by hartam01 »

dynaflash wrote:reportedly using fairmount / dtox does work. However, you have to wait a long time for fairmount to read all of the back blocks (there are over 3000 of them), then suddenly dtox will load up the source. Then choose title 33, in a movie only rip. I have not tried this but reportedly it does work. Apparently the spinning beachball while dtox waits for fairmount to read the bad block can last up to an hour or better.

Beyond that, this really belongs in the dvd rip thread. Not much HB itself will do with this.
3013 bad blocks to be exact, the fairmount/dtox works, then you point HB to the Leatherheads folder or whatever you named it, there should be only one title in there if you ripped just the main feature...rip as necessary, this does work as i just tested it

dont waste your time on any other methods via dvdshrink, dvd43, mtr 2.6.6 mtr 3.14m...etc...they dont work....i already exhausted those options...
Cavalicious

Post by Cavalicious »

The latest beta of AnyDVD rips this just fine.
vinsgill

Post by vinsgill »

I used the fairmount and dtox method and it worked as described but it put the ending credits from the last chapter and stuck them at the beginning of the movie in place of chapter one.